google analytics slowing site down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

google analytics slowing site down

we have google analytics running on our site, but every page of our site seems to pause for a few seconds while the analytics script loads, this pause is normally around 5 seconds but i have know it to take 10 seconds to load.

is there anything I can do to make it load faster, as it seems to want to load halfway through the rest of the page loading, the pause happens after the html has loaded but before the java menu does, meaning the user can see the page they just cant do anything until the analytics script loads

oh, I have tried sticking the analytic script in the head AND tried it just before the </body> tag, both with no real gain

any help would be great
    www.incredibid.co.uk

It doesn't look like Google Analytics code though - it's site-alive.com.

Edit: I see Google script on some pages but site-alive.com on others.

Edit2: It looks like you have Google code on the brochure pages and site-alive on the product pages.

Comment

The site alive script is for the Yahoo search thingamabob, (for our Sponsored search results) so that yahoo can track which ones were successful,

However the google analytics code is on both the product AND the brochure pages, but I have moved it to just before the </body> tag on the brochure pages to see if it speeds it up,
      but the site alive tag is only on the product pages.
      www.incredibid.co.uk

Comment

OK Scratch that, the Site Alive tag might not be from Yahoo, but in that case Am not totally sure what the hell it is monitoring,

Does anybody out there know what its from, DOES it have anything to do with the Yahoo search marketing, Does anybody else who uses yahoo search marketing have it on their site

I'm Confused now!
        www.incredibid.co.uk

Comment

Site alive looks to be a third party PPC monitoring solution. Did you by any chance install this at one time to try and monitor PPC, conversion rates and avoid possible fraud?

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X