Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring Backup from Webserver

Hello,

I have an uploaded site which I do not use very often and have lost the original Site1 from a crash. And the only backup that I have is the Acatalog on the Web Server.

Can anyone tell me the best way to restore the files so I can access the site through Actinic?

Thanks

Leon

There is unfortunately only one way.

Rebuild from scratch, using copy and paste to capture product description text and similar.

You can also get all the images back to the site directory using an ftp download - but these will not have the quality of the originals.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

And the only backup that I have is the Acatalog on the Web Server
      Its not possible to restore an Actinic site from the html pages on a server. The only way forward IMO is to copy the content from the live pages and rebuild the site from scratch.

Comment

Thank you,

I only need to make a couple of small address changes on a template.

Is there a way to FTP changes to a template without going through Actinic?

Thanks

Leon

Comment

Is there a way to FTP changes to a template without going through Actinic
          No - templates are stored within actinic on your pc. the pages you see on the website are made from the templates on your pc and then uploaded. To effect a change on the live website you would need to download every page in turn and make the change to each page.

Comment

Leon - do you have no snapshots whatsoever after 2+ years of having Actinic? Even an old snapshot would recover some of the input and modifications.

I trust you now have an appropriate backup routine in place? This has been covered before and worht checking what others do toprovide yourself with the maximum protection in the future ... of no use to you now but will avoid disaster if it happens again

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

yep take a look at my thread re hard disk failure.

Its a pain when things go wrong, but the pain can be replaced with inconvenience if you have the right backups in place

Comment

Thanks,

Yes I do have backups but not with me at the moment as I am on leave overseas.

I just do not have this particular site within my Developer as it is rarley used. I just wanted to make some quick changes, I will arrange for backup to be forwarded to me.

Thank you for the information.

Leon

Comment

Working...
                X