P & P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P & P

Hi there, I think I know the answer to this question but here goes .......

We're wanting to set up overseas postage for the majority of our range but there are several products that are very heavy and we need to either increase the overall p&p charge if they're purchased. Or exclude them from sale/shipping to an overseas address - ideally the latter.

Our current p&p policy is a flat rate if an order falls below a certain figure but overseas shipping would mean a tiered p&p scheme

Can we exclude shipping these products from overseas shipping?

You would really need to switch to shipping by weight. You can set a default weight of any nominal amount for all products on a global basis and then manually enter the weights of the heavier products using say 10000kg ... setting the shipping bands accordingly to still work on a flat rate for the normal products but charge a higher rate for the heavier items.

For the oveseas zones you could set a price of say £99,999.99 just to scare people away or if the do buy you can retire to the sun

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

i have done this on www.kernelpower.co.uk , you have to select shipping by weight , and then enter the weight of each item , then in the shipping menu you select the zones, you want and then set the weight for each , it is a fair bit of work but customers dont want to wait to find out the shipping costs , if you wanted to email me and i could guide you through it but would expect some free gifts in return , regards , gavin

Comment

Thanks both for your help.

I like the sound of the retiring on the profits option ! LOL

When I get sorted I may well take you up on your offer although the thought of putting weights for 4000+ products is phasing me a bit !

Comment

There is probably no need to enter all 4000 weights if you want to retain the same sort of scheme as before - under View | Business Settings | Shipping & Handling there is a "default weight" field which you can set accordingly .. this weight is then used unless a specific weight is declared against a product.

With shipping it is always best to sit down with pencil and paper and think through what you want to achieve as it can get very complicated if not mapped out correctly.

If feeling brave you could also sort the weights via the database but make a backup first

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi

I need to exclude one of our product ranges from overseas delivery but use shipping by weight in the uk to allow me to stop express on certain orders. For o/s I use value to allow me to determine price breaks in postage charges. Is there a way of using shipping category to it?

TIA Dx
            Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Working...
            X