** Losing my rag with web site refresh **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** Losing my rag with web site refresh **

Does anyone else get incredibly annoyed with the web site refresh option?

Why is it that you have to upload all your images just to update some system files that are probably less than 1Mb? Why can you not just upload the base files (or whatever special thing it is that refresh does). Why do I need to re-upload 50Mb of perfectly OK image files to fix another issue?

Maybe I am being unreasonable but this seems incredibly daft!!!

Also when I do a refresh I am plagued by timeouts, merge errors and many other messages that would be acceptable if they didn't make me wait 30 mins to see them with the only option of starting again. Why can't Actinic check for these problems before I upload or at least offer some sort of resume feature.

Don't get me wrong, this is world class software - however this sort of thing is not what I expect from someone who has spent so long developing software. Version 6 (yes I know we are on 8 now) and still having massive upload problems!

Fume, rant rave etc

Alex
    Blog, Twitter, Facebook
    Actinic Ecommerce, CMS and Video production

www.petraboase.com
    www.progrow.co.uk
    www.christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk
    www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Why is it that you have to upload all your images just to update some system files
    Not an immediate cure for you, but this option is now in V8 as part of the Refresh dialogue.

However Refresh isn't the usual way to do partial site changes.

The Update command only uploads changed files and is intended for regular use.

Refresh is usually only needed if your server (outwith the contol of you or Actinic) has misbehaved and the site is consequently showing problems.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Also when I do a refresh I am plagued by timeouts, merge errors and many other messages that would be acceptable if they didn't make me wait 30 mins to see them with the only option of starting again.
      These timeouts etc are server side problems and not related to the way actinic operates. If you are getting lots of these you need to check your host.

or at least offer some sort of resume feature.
      Newer versions offer this feature.

Comment

Working...
      X