Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

posting question

Hello

untill now i had a free postage to all orders from uk and eu. all orders to uk were send 1st class recorded

however i want to change it slightly

i want to set up the posting to match the following

any orders to EU will be the same (so no change here)

any orders below £15 from UK i want to come up as free but for 1st class, and a paid option for recorded.

any orders over £15 i want to have free recorded signed for.

is this possible?

Yes, you create a shipping table for each option, for each zone. So in your UK zone, create two tables - one for first class and one for recorded delivery, with appropriate settings.

Something like 1st class cart value £15 : 0.00 cost excess set to do not allow shipping. Recorded cat value £15 : actual fee, second row cart value £15.01 : 0.00 cost excess set to take highest value.

In your EU zone, create one table cart value £15 cost 0.00 excess set to take highest value.

That should do it.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
      Yes, you create a shipping table for each option, for each zone. So in your UK zone, create two tables - one for first class and one for recorded delivery, with appropriate settings.

Something like 1st class cart value £15 : 0.00 cost excess set to do not allow shipping. Recorded cat value £15 : actual fee, second row cart value £15.01 : 0.00 cost excess set to take highest value.

In your EU zone, create one table cart value £15 cost 0.00 excess set to take highest value.

That should do it.

Hi Bill

thanks for you answer.

what we want to do is slightly more complicated.

what you advised will work a treat BUT we want to give the option for any orders unde 15 for 1st class recorded but with a charge...

would we need to add values in the 1st class recorded for everything under £15 or would one more line saying e.g £1.00 posting cost £0.66 (and that would cover all order values up to £15?

please help

Comment

I catered for your recorded charge with this first line
        Recorded cat value £15 : actual fee
        This translates as everything up to and including £15 charge the amount in the cost column.

If the costs vary, then you would need additional rows for each upper limit where the cost changes.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

thanks bill

it all makes sense now.

will implement it in a bit

Comment