Can't close drill-down on left nav bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't close drill-down on left nav bar

For some reason I can't keep the drill-down (+ / -) closed on the left nav bar. No matter how many times I go down and close each one, when I open Actinic again, they are open again. It's just annoying and messy. Does anyone know how I can 'fix' them after I go and close them all?

Thanks!
    Ripe Gifts Christmas Hampers

Shelley from memory this is possible and has something to do with changing a setting in the registry. It has definitely been touched on in the forum, so a search may come up with something useful.

Comment

Thanks, but I haven't found anything so far. Any idea what I should search under? I'm not sure of the correct terminology. All the nav bar entries seem to refer to website nav bars rather than the software. "the + / - thingies" don't seem to impress the search feature much...

Comment

It's known as the content tree which would be a good place to start in a search.
        <div>
        <a href="http://www.aquazuro.co.uk/" target="_blank">Designer stainless steel accessories for home and business – www.Aquazuro.co.uk</a><br />
        </div>

Comment

Okay, I found this: http://community.actinic.com/showpos...3&postcount=14 which addresses the problem of something always coming up as selected. I followed the instructions by deleting the 'SelectedTreeItems' from the registry, but it did not fix the problem. My problem is more with folders being left open when I want them closed. Does anyone know if this would have anything to do with the 'TreeState' variable? I'm a little scared to just delete it to find out...

Comment

The post you referred to is for exactly the same problem as you describe, and as it says will work on 703 upwards. You should be safe to delete the value if you follow the instructions and export a backup first.

Comment

Okay, problem solved. It worked by deleting the 'TreeState' variable, rather than the 'SelectedTreeItems' variable mentioned in the quoted post. I then went into Actinic, closed all the open folders, exited Actinic and when I went back in, they were all nice and neat. Hooray!

I've renamed the thread to help anyone else looking for this info.

Comment

Working...
              X