Database backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database backup

After having some problems last week, I eventually lost about a weeks orders from my database

Would it be a good idea if actinic backed up the database like snapshot into a different directory at simular intervalls to the snapshot options

This way however you cocked up you could go back to original backups from named days

Chris
    Chris Ashdown

Hi there,

You can set the Database backup options and the destination of the backup within Actinic.

If you goto Housekeeping | Backup | Shutdown backup options which allows you to set the backup options and the destination of backup, however it will not work automatically. You will have to click on the Database backup button upon exit.

Hope this helps.
    Thank You
    Menar Khan

Comment

The destination is not a problem

Actinic saves the backup where you want but on the next backup it transfers the old backup to a file named previous and makes a new backup.

With snapshot it makes and saves a new file everytime it is used so if you used it at the end of each day you would have 30 odd files at the end of the month

With Database you only have the original plus one backup and one copy of the time before backup i.e. two days info How do you recover last weeks info if these are corrupted?

Chris
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris

Do you propose something along the lines of saving a database each day, each with a different name?

When you come to restore, Actinic would give you the choice of which database you would like to restore from?

Please confirm this.
        Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Darren

Thats correct you have hit it on the head, exactly like snapshot

Chris
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris.

I have put the idea on the wish list for future software releases.

Thanks

Darren
            Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X