Product Sizes and pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Sizes and pricing

I am new to my job in charge of this Actinic website, and i am not to sure how it works. My website sells clothing each item has options in sizes ie. Boys sizes throught to adults sizes. Now boys and adults sizes are priced differently. When i enter a new product say a top, in the price option i put the smallest price... ie. the price of a kids top minus VAT. In the product description i enter the infomration and then include the prices for the kids top including vat and the price for the adults including VAT. When a customer orders they make there size choice and then ADD TO CART. This then shows them the product they wnat to order and the prices. How does the system know the difference between the adults top and the childs and get the prices correct? I am very confused!!!

Does anyone know?

Thanks

(hope that made sense!!!)

Nice choice of text colour

It depends on how the product has been set up - if it is using components these can be set so depending on which item is selected the price is charged accordingly - take a look at the product in the content tree and you should see a "+" symbol which opens to what can only be described as a "green cog".

You should also see the pricing model in use against the actual product (bottom of the "general" tab)

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

but i dont understand how it knows the difference between adult and child sizes.

Comment

If using components the user has to select a radio option or a drop down - the change in option is configured to charge the different price (or even use an associated product) . This is how 99.9% of sites operate but a URL would be handy to see how it has been set up.

Bikster

Comment

When i do this i cant find any way that the system knows the kids sizes are a different price. I really dont understand it.

Comment

its all done in the "component" part of the product,

first add a component to the product, then you need to add an attribute to the component and finally a list of choices to the attribute.

when you've done that, go back to the "component detail" and then click on the "Permutations-tab" on the right panel,

click on the "Fill List" - that puts all the products into the list, finally for each of the entries, choose the correct product in the "product column"

and then change the "pricing column" to "associated product prices"

its the last bit of getting the prices from the associated products that makes actinic understand the difference between the adults and childs prices.

look in the "starter guide" on about page 17 for a fuller answer.
            try following those instructions and then pop back and ask more questions if your'e stuck.

Comment

If a product has been associated to the choice when the size is selected Actinic can be set to take the price and description of the associated product thereby over riding the initial product price eg:

Product A : Shirt Mens
              Product B : Shirt Boys

Product C : Shirt : select a size (Size 1 = Product A, Size 2 = Product B)

Products A and B are associated to product C. When the choice of size is made in product C Actinic says "aha - they really want product A so I will charge the price set as product A"

.. assuming this is how it has been set up

Bikster

Comment

Working...
              X