Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acatalog Directory

Can anyone help?

Is it safe to delete the 'Acatalog' folder from our host server and then do a nice clean 'refresh website' of the online shop?

Basically we've run out of space, which generally happens once a year and doing a complete clean up of files, so we have a nice amount of space left.

Also is the 'cgi-bin' folder also safe to remove along with the 'acatalog' folder?

any help here is appreciated

many thanks!
    www.ComicDomain.co.uk

I would remove content from the acatalog folder instead of the folder itself, if you delete the folder you may delete ord file and session files for current customers

delete

html
    gif
    jpg
    fil
    cat then do a refresh

I would leave the cgi bin alone as actinic only uploads the files it needs and these don't grow. There may be other cgi scripts running other stuff

Comment

Thanks Jo!

I'll give that a try
      www.ComicDomain.co.uk

Comment

opps

After deleting the above files, it now seems that Catalog wont run 'website refresh' or 'update' clicking on either of these results in the egg timer and nothing else - although when closing it does make the windows error tone.

Anyone ever have anything similar - any ideas?
        www.ComicDomain.co.uk

Comment

turn your pc off and on, reset your connection (modem etc) then try again.

We've had a few funnies with the power here in Devon tonight, I've had to reset my connections several time as the power has gone off and on a few times

Comment

unfortunatly I'm getting the same problem after turning every thing off and on again - it seems my copy of 'Catalog' doesn't want to talk to my host anymore.

My host is still there as I am able to still upload standard webpages, it's just the shop part that won't communicate.
            www.ComicDomain.co.uk

Comment

Go into Advanced / Network Setup and run the Test that's there. Report the results.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

here's the test results:

Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
                server: passed
                connection: passed
                sockets: passed
                communications: passed
                authorisation: passed
                www.ComicDomain.co.uk

Comment

All seems OK. Try Web / Refresh again and report what happens. Also try Alt / Tab if you get the hourglass in case there's a dialogue box that's popped up underneath the main window.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

Clicking on either 'Website Refresh' or 'Update' doesn't work. Catalog seems to just hang, and Alt-Tab doesn't bring up any hidden windows.

Catalog itself seems to be working fine on my machine, it's just when it tries to contact the server to upload the changes it hangs.

Is there a file that it requires first before it uploads the updates?

Should I consider deleting the 'Acatalog folder' completly from the server?

Any other options available?
                    www.ComicDomain.co.uk

Comment

it's just when it tries to contact the server to upload the changes it hangs.
                      are you sure you aren't blocking catalog with a firewall

Comment

no to firewall - it has been working perfectly fine

when I got the message my server space was full, then I deleted the files as suggested, and now I can't re-upload anything.
                        www.ComicDomain.co.uk

Comment

what happens if you try to download orders. Does it connect?

if the network wizard works, there has to be something on your pc nor allowing the upload.

Comment

Same problem when trying to download orders as well - just get the eggtimer kicking off and nothing else happening.

Even with firewall disabled same problem uploading or downloading.
                            www.ComicDomain.co.uk

Comment

Aha!

After having a quick chat with Actinic's techincal support, it seems that the Scrpt Number needs to be changed - having done that I am now currently uploading my site again.

so far so good!
                              www.ComicDomain.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X