Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Colours

Hi all,
    I am using curves theme with a modified colour scheme. I changed the theme to layout 14 which is a great layout but the colours are a really scary green red & blue combo
    I tried to use the same colours i had with the curves theme but get the following message

The colors in one or more images were not changed because the image in the site had been edited. The untouched images were:
    ...... to many to list here

Is there a way to change the colours? Would it be best to start a new site and start off with layout 14 and then change the colours once the theme is in place?

Cheers and many thanks,

Jacy
    Jacys Computer Supplies
    Web: http://www.jacyscomputers.com.au
    email: sales@jacyscomputers.com.au

The colourise ability of the Actinic software is dependant on only allowing a certain number of colours within the images.

If you open the default images within a graphics program and then resave it as a gif with more colours or even just slightly, then the software will not be able to colourise it for you automatically.

Comment

The colourise ability of the Actinic software is dependant on only allowing a certain number of colours within the images.

If you open the default images within a graphics program and then resave it as a gif with more colours or even just slightly, then the software will not be able to colourise it for you automatically.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hi Again,
            I backed up my catalogue and then changed all the site1 folders to another name so i could create a new site but Actinic wouldn't let me do it. Is the only way to uninstall Actinic and then reinstall?

Also when i tried to change the theme as mentioned earlier i got a warning message that "you are about to change this sites theme..." i clicked ok and no to overwrite my backup and then i got an eror message saying "the theme's index.ini is corrupted".
            Can i fix that at all?

Cheers and thanks for your patience with me.

Jacy
            Jacys Computer Supplies

Comment

If you have got corrupted ini files, then you could see if they are held within the defaults folder which is unlikely, so yuo will no doubt need to re-install and then re-import your snapshot.

Comment

If the ini files are in the site one folder do i delete them? Wiil Actinic recreate them?

if i reinstall and then import the snapshot, I will still have the same theme wont I? I want to change the theme and then import my catalogue back in.

Cheers

JB
                Jacys Computer Supplies

Comment

Would not recommend deleting the ini files is you are not going to re-install the software as it will not just recreate it when launching the application.

Also, selecting a theme before a snapshot import would not keep the theme used prior to the snapshot import, i.e. as soon as you import your snapshot it selects all of the snapshots details including theme choice.

Give it a go at re-installing the software, import your snapshot and then change the theme, and then alter the colours you want to use.

Comment

Hi Again,
                    I uninstalled Actinic and opened it fresh. I got the layout i wanted (layout 14) and then imported my products. The trouble was only my sections were imported and not all my products. Am i missing something simple here?

Any help is always greatly appreciated.

Cheers and thanks again

Jacy
                    (P.S) is anyone else getting error messages when posting to the forum lately??
                    Jacys Computer Supplies

Comment

What errors were you given by the import wizard? If there was a problem, Actinic would tell you what went wrong. Make sure you ticked the 'Create Error Log' (or whatever its called) checkbox on the last stage of the import wizard.

Comment

Working...
                      X