Processing Returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Processing Returns

I've searched and searched but couldn't find much on the subject.

Thankfully this is the 1st time this has happened to us since opening in February!

I was just wondering how other people handle returned goods.

The scenario..

Items ordered, we've processed and sent order. Meanwhile our copy invoice has been processed in our accounts package.

Customer wants to return and item as was not as expected. Fine by us but now we have to track it somehow.

I'm guessing I could either add an adjustment or cancel the product on the completed order. But does this mean reprinting the invoice and editing the matching entry in our accounts package....and then off course there's not a proper paper trail

How do others do it?

Do you need to send the customer a credit note?
    Can Actinic print credit notes?

I was tempted to add a new order, therefore raising a new invoice and add the product as a - (minus) but it won't let you do that!

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Jim

Bump..anyone got any thoughts?

Comment

Hi Jim - we don't use actinic for order processing/stock control so not sure if this helps.

We enter a credit note on our accounts system (which adjusts our stock control for the product returned) - we email the customer a copy direct from the accounts package with instructions on how to redeem it on their next order. This creates a credit amount against their record. Whatever you do, don't fiddle with the original sale on your accounts - tax man would have kittens and it will mess up your audit trail/vat reporting etc.

Could you do something similar and then manually adjust stock control in Actinic for the returned item?

Regards - Helen

Comment

Agree with Helen, this is really the only way to do it. If the order hasn't been completed and sent to our accounts package, perhaps we're waiting on an item but have sent 90% of the order and the customer has changed her mind about the colour, then we might do an adustment to the order but then only if it's the quickest method to get the stock to match.
        Miranda Stamp
        Twinkle Twinkle
        www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
        Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

Working...
        X