Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookie Error with Ask Jeeves

Hi,

I noticed in my raw access logs that any clickthrough from Ask Jeeves was getting a cookie error and the big bit of blurb about changing it.

This is only the case with Ask Jeeves (I've checked Google, MSN etc) and it's not just my site, I've had a look at quite a few Actinic sites and all have the same problem.

Can anyone have a look at Ask and check their sites and advise whether this is a problem?

Thanks

I have noticed that if anyone clicks through from an Ask Jeeves search and then try to add a product to their cart they are getting a cookie error unless their privacy setting is set to low (which is not the norm for most punters)

It's not just my site as I've checked a few other Actinic sites.

Can anyone else confirm?

Comment

I have noticed that if anyone clicks through from an Ask Jeeves search and then try to add a product to their cart they are getting a cookie error unless their privacy setting is set to low (which is not the norm for most punters)

It's not just my site as I've checked a few other Actinic sites.

Can anyone else confirm?

Comment

Just checked one of our sites and it appears to be fine. Can't help you there Polly
        Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Comment

I had more of a look and it's happening when any of my customers are using Norton Personal Firewall and have the Privacy control set as on.

It appear to be to do with the frame that Ask Jeeves as the problem disappears when the frame is removed.

Considering the amount of people using Norton, this is becoming more of an issue for me.

Is there anyway that I can amend the cookie error statement to include some info about Norton?

Thanks

Comment

This happens with or without Norton.

IE6 blocks what it sees as 'third-party cookies' i.e. cookies that try and set themselves from an address other than the address in the browser. Now with Ask Jeeves, the address in the browser is www.ask.co.uk but the store address could be anything - thus IE6 stops the site from working. This is just a limitation of frames.

If you want to edit the cookie message, then you can go to 'Design | Text', click 'Go to' and go to prompt number '52'.

Comment

Working...
            X