More postage price questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More postage price questions

I am currently in the process of trying to set up postage charges on our site,

I am basically working with 2 weight settings so I can charge 2 different postage prices

Small items X price, Large items Y price,

I Can set this up by country, BUT what I Need to be able to do is set up parts of the UK at different Prices

We are doing Free postage on all Mainland UK address, but we have to charge for delivery for non mainland UK, (EG, Northern Ireland, Jersey, Isle Of Man)

Is there a simple way to charge postage for these Locations?

Also, the way I am sorting the prices is using the weight,
    I have the weight set as 0.01kg as default with postage on 0.01kg set as the lower price, and any of the 'large' items I am putting in as 0.10kg, with the postage on 0.10kg set at the higher price,

Is there a way I can get actinic to automatically put on a message saying it will be a the higher price for postage when the weight of the product is set to 0.10kg?
    www.incredibid.co.uk

Originally posted by AndrewPK
    Is there a simple way to charge postage for these Locations?
    Under View | Business Settings | Shipping and Handling > right click in the shipping bands (by zone) and select "new zone" label the zone accordingly (eg Jersey).

To this right click and select "add class" then "new class" and call it the same (eg Jersey) ... you can then set the prices accordingly

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

All the non mainland UK areas are the same price so I presume I can just use a new class called "Non Main Land UK", will this make the option non main land UK to appear in the drop down list when ordering on the website?
      www.incredibid.co.uk

Comment

I think it is more complicated than this. You will need to start from Advanced | Locations and add the new location there before you can create the zone in shipping.

The location has to exist first before it can be selected as the member of a zone.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Depending on how many areas you have you can simply label the zone accordingly and not bother with the member areas - the user and the order will just show the label (and charge accordingly)

Bikster

Comment

Then surely when the user selects location (i.e zone) s/he has nothing to select - and what ends up being selected is a shipping class called "substitute name of location"
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Sorry - I wasn't that clear - yes you need to create a location under Advanced | Location - this can be called simply "Jersey" and it will be a single "member" zone when you set up the shipping tables. In the checkout the user will then see "Jersey" as an option

Bikster

Comment

Working...
              X