No announcement yet.

Can you automatically add a product based on a coupon code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And while somebody is thinking about that, is it possible to make this work without having to enter a coupon code, say, in its simplest form, adding a product (with no cost) to the cart as the customer checks out?

My aim here is to get the item to appear on the Packing List automatically without the customer either 'opting-in' by adding a free product, or typing in a Coupon Code. I can see the point above (tracking results of an advertisement) but can it be done without any extra input from the buyer?

Better still..... can it look at the cart value & add the free product above a certain value?

See my Free Mouse Mat offer. To get it on a PackList the buyer has to select the product - if they don't they won't get one because my packers don't know the value of the order they are putting together. It is very time consuming for the Order Processor to Add New Item to each qualifying order, which seems to be taking much longer as the order history is building up (about 7,000 records).
    Paul
    Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

The </head> for the checkout pages will be in whichever file is linked to the edit button in Design | Options - Layout tab, against Checkout Pages Layout.

Automatically adding the product for every order is relatively simple, adding based on a parameter (value, purchase of a specific trigger product) not so.

You could email Norman and ask if he can do a javascript solution for you on this.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
        The </head> for the checkout pages will be in whichever file is linked to the edit button in Design | Options - Layout tab, against Checkout Pages Layout.

Automatically adding the product for every order is relatively simple, adding based on a parameter (value, purchase of a specific trigger product) not so.

You could email Norman and ask if he can do a javascript solution for you on this.
        Thank you thats great

Comment

Working...
        X