Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with accent characters in PayPal

My client get this message:
    You have entered unsupported characters for this field. Current available language character types are: European, ... etc. Please try again.

If my client write « Québec » as a province with an accent on the « e », I seems to get the error above.

Is there a way to correct that !
    Bernard Morin

Hi Bernard

Is this something that happens at PayPal's end? Have you asked their support about support for other characters? I'm afriad I don't this is something that can be affected by a change in Actinic.

Comment

I did ask PayPal. I am waiting for their answer...
      If I get a « good » explanation, I will post the result...

It's happening in the first PayPal windows were Actinic "drop" the client information.

Because I tried it myself (just to confirmed), I get two (2) errors (my perception).
      1. Because of the PayPal error message, I canceled the transaction and wanted to get back to my site (a link at the bottom of the Paypal Page). Each time, I got a "Timeout error: General script error mentioning that my basket time (24 hours in my site) was past even if it's was a new order.
      Any suggestion for correcting this error !
      2. There's always part of a phone number displayed: 371 (3 numbers). Always the same number even if I fake a complete different number.
      Is there a cookie "jammed" somewhere.
      Bernard Morin

Comment

Working...
      X