Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upload problem

hi

as i upload my site every time it gets to the 'setting file permissions ' words it hangs and it says --- after a few minuets the sever has timed out

any way i can stop this???

i have cheked with my hosting site and every thing is ok!

thanks JB
    <a href="http://www.boardridersguide.com" target="_blank">www.boardridersguide.com
    UK'S NUMBER ONE SURF MAILORDER SITE </a>

Hi James

This could be due to a setting on the server or a problem with your connection. The first thing, however, is to check your network settings - use the Test button in Advanced | Network Setup. If this fails, try configuring your settings using the wizard in Web | Configure Web Site Details.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

I take it that it works some times and others it does not, which would mean the network settings are correct I would guess.

Have you tried connectin using a different ISP, i.e. you get the problem and then switch to another ISP you have in reserve to see if you get the same problem.

If the problem persists with two different ISPs then it is a possibility that the server/route/network is timing out and not you, but this is by no means a dead cert as it could be any of a dozen different reasons.

If the settings work some times, then you have a bit of detective work ahead we thinks....

Best of luck....

Comment

the connectin is fine

and i have recently changed from dial up to adsl
        the problem still persists

where would i start?

it does seem to be a time out error
        <a href="http://www.boardridersguide.com" target="_blank">www.boardridersguide.com
        UK'S NUMBER ONE SURF MAILORDER SITE </a>

Comment

These kinds of problems are quite tricky to solve as they could be caused by a variety of things.

The fact that it hangs at the point of 'setting file permissions' makes it sound like either:

1) the FTP user does not have the ability to change permissions on files on the server

or

2) you have a strict limit on the number of FTP connections you can have at once to your server and so Actinic cannot create the necessary additional session to change the permissions on the files.

You need to know a fair amount about server technology to fix either of those so I would suggest you register an email support query HERE and get the team to have a look.

Comment

Working...
          X