Actinic Fragment Compatibility Issues Firefox \ IE7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Fragment Compatibility Issues Firefox \ IE7

I’ve been adding some actinic text fragments to some of the pages on our site www.paragon-matrix.com to help with ease of use and seo needs. Having added these pages http://www.paragon-matrix.com/acatal...artridges.html I have noticed that on viewing the pages on a Firefox V2 browser that when you put your mouse over the text, a line is drawn under all the text making it look like the text has a hyperlink but if you view the pages in IE 7 this does not happen? As it sounds like a compatibility problem, I’ve checked previous community articles on compatibility of browsers, the knowledge base, the actinic advanced features guild and also look closely at the fragment code but can't seem to find the issue causing this problem

I have used the following code in the fragment file:

<!-- TextOnly HTML begin -->
    <div id="product">
    NETQUOTEVAR:FRAGMENTANCHOR
    <div id="column">
    <Center><h1> Canon Ink Cartridge, Canon Inkjet Cartridge, Canon Printer Cartridge, Refill Ink Cartridges, Compatible Inkjet Cartridges</h1></Center>

Canon printers are regarded as probably the most trustworthy printers in the market. You can get the best out of any Canon printer if you take immense care with respect to the ink cartridge used inside the printer. Printer maintenance is the keyword for the smooth functioning of your Epson printer. Replace your Canon ink cartridge as soon as you realize that it is running low of ink. Replace with the appropriate canon inkjet cartridge to avoid expensive printer jams.
    <br> <br>
    Every canon printer cartridge promises you give you the best printing results. Their quality is similar to one another. Thus, replace the refill ink cartridges only with the compatible inkjet cartridges made by Canon. It is a good idea to buy the printer cartridges in bulk so as to give you a cheaper rate. This way, you’ll be avoiding running to the shops repeatedly to buy the cartridges. Buying the Canon cartridges online is a good idea as you will get cheaper prices. In addition, many sellers will waive off shipping charges so that you get the cartridges at an unimaginable cheap rate.
    <br> <br>
    Canon has a brilliant helpline service that tackles all your queries and problems should you have any.
    <br> <br>
    <b>PLEASE CLICK ON YOUR CANON PRODUCT TYPE OUTLINED BELOW:</b>
    </div>
    </div>
    <!-- TextOnly HTML end -->

If anyone has got any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Please feel free to comment!

Best regards

Phil G.
    Paragon Matrix

I would say this is some form of an errant <a> tag, probably closed in the wrong place or a CSS issue. Can you provide the CSS definitions for the ids in the code you provided. Hopefully there is a hover state being applied somewhere.

Comment

NETQUOTEVAR:FRAGMENTANCHOR is probably the cause.

I tend to resolve setting a new class eg:

.noHover a {
      text-decoration:none;
      }

with any other styling as necessary

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Guys - Uploaded CSS file in txt form for appraisal
        Attached Files

Comment

Philip - have you tried using the above suggestion to remove the underline via the CSS? You have a lot of nested <divs> in there so can easily apply

Bikster

Comment

Jon,

Cut and pasted .noHover a {
            }

into css file and uploaded, no change at present, but do I have to assign anything in the fragment file? - excuse my lack on knowledge in this area

Phil G

Comment

The above was just an example. Using your above code it looks like this could be added to <div id="column"> ...

#column a {
              }

Have just tested this live on your site under firefox and it works

Bikster

Comment

Many Thanks - Jont

You've solved the problem

If I can reciprocate with any help – please let me know

Best regards

Phil G.

Comment

This is caused by a problem with the Act_ProductBody.html template - namely an unclosed anchor tag for the section top:

Code:
                  <a name="sectiontop">
                  Just change to
                  Code:
                  <a name="sectiontop"></a>
                  Likewise
                  Code:
                  <a name="sectionbotton">
                  is also unclosed and can be fixed the same way.

You're not alone - you'll see this issue on countless Actinic sites if you visit them using a Mozilla based browser!
                  Chris
                  -----
                  http://www.livingaidsonline.co.uk

Comment

Nice find Chris, much better to fix the problem if you can, than hack it. Perhaps many of us have this to change - sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by clefty
                      This is caused by a problem with the Act_ProductBody.html template - namely an unclosed anchor tag for the section top:

Code:
                      <a name="sectiontop">
                      Just change to
                      Code:
                      <a name="sectiontop"></a>
                      I see the problem on my site in Firefox, but in my Act_ProductBody I see this, which looks closed to me:

<div align="right"><a name="sectiontop">
                      NETQUOTEVAR:PARENTSECTIONSTOP
                      </a><a name="sectiontop">
                      <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP -->
                      NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLISTTOP
                      NETQUOTEVAR:TOPSECTIONSEPARATOR
                      NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORLISTXML
                      </a>

I see two opening anchors <a name....> & two closing </a> so what do I need to do?
                      Paul
                      Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

I should have said in my original post that the section anchors may vary between themes.

In your case, try changing

Code:
                        <div align="right"><a name="sectiontop">
                        </a>
                        to

Code:
                        <div align="right"><a name="sectiontop"></a>
                        This will still leave an anchor for Actinic to link to, but takes the section text out of the anchor, eliminating the "enormously long hyperlink" issue
                        Chris
                        -----
                        http://www.livingaidsonline.co.uk

Comment

Well, two anchors with the same name won't work, will they - it's like having two houses in one street as number 10.

What does this code look like on line? That will help decide what you should do - if any of the other NQV are bringing in a new name tag, then the </a> at the end would be closing that, in which case the answer would be delete the second reference to sectiontop.

If no other name tags are being brought in, then that whole line would be deleted.
                          Bill
                          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                          X