Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantity boxes on product page and cart

This must be simple but I can't suss it out
    I want to be able to show a quantity box next to each product and on the shopping cart page.

I really would like it if when customers click buy now they are taken to

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/c...CTION=SHOWCART

AND NOT

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000009.pl

How do I do this?

Thanks

I'm a bit confused with the first part of your question - there's already a quantitiy box on your cart page. (maybe you already figuerd out how to do this)

For the second part I presume you are referring to the redirect bounce to the cart confirmation page. Not sure if it's possible to do what you're after but I think it's possible to do away with the redirection at all or make the delay infinite. Try searching the forum for 'bounce' and 'mini cart' which may help with this.

PS - I might be in the market for some of your products - if you offer any special Actinic users discount then please pm me.

Comment

To have a quantity box next to each product, you have to use the shopping mode Qty on Product.

That quantity can be altered on the bounce page, or when doing a view cart.

The 'fix' Duncan remembers is that if you set the bounce delay to 0, the user will be taken to the confirmation page and stay there until they choose "Continue Shopping" or "Checkout Now".

Unfortunately you cannot avoid the confirmation page as this page is how Actinic adds items into the customers session cart. You can set the bounce delay to 1 second - but the customer will then see an annoying flashing as the page appears then before they have time to see what it is all about, it disappears again - leaving them with a bad impression of the whole shop.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Had a look at your site and for some reason the item below would not load, just kept flashing as if it was about to load and then going backwards.

Darron

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/s..._Radaitor.html

had another look and all looks fine now, sorry if I worried you!!!!
        Last edited by parklifeclothes; 23-Nov-2006, 09:42 PM. Reason: site now ok
        www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Thanks for the help

It seems that I only have the option under design settings to have a quantity box on the product page or in the shopping cart. The Discounted Heating website uses the upsell add-on for some of the products and I would like it if the quantity box appeared on all pages i.e

Next to the main product
          Next to the upsell item in the popup
          In the shopping cart

Surely such a basic thing is possible.

Thanks

Comment

If you have the shopping mode set to 'Quantity on Product Page' and then set the 'Bounce Page Delay' to '0', then when customers click the 'Add to Cart' button, they will be taken to the full 'View Cart' page rather than the bounce page.

Comment

Working...
            X