Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The format of the entered Email Address is not valid" - comes up on Checkout page..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The format of the entered Email Address is not valid" - comes up on Checkout page..

we've customised some of the Design Text fields and also removed a few.

whenever we fill in the checkout fields (name, address etc) and finish by clicking Next we get a message saying "The format of the entered Email Address is not valid".

we have however not got an e-mail address field, nor have we got E-mail Address ticked (or required) in any of the Design Text pages in Actinic.

any ideas why it keeps coming up?

Because nothing is getting filled in the value passed to the script is nothing. You would be best to get someone who knows his/her way around perl scripts to disable the mail format check, or better yet, return the checkout pages to their original content so they will work properly with the scripts as they are.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

i called actinic support - they told me it could be something to do with the scripts. they got me to e-mail over a snapshot of the shop to them to take a look at.

hopefully they'll be able to sort it because we dont actually want an e-mail address field.

Comment

To point you in the right direction:

Open OrderScript.pl in notepad, search for "validate email" - you should come across a piece of code which looks like:

# Validate Email for '@' Symbol
        #
        if ((ACTINIC::IsPromptRequired(0, 12) || # if e-mail address is required
        length $::g_BillContact{'EMAIL'} > 0) && # or the e-mail field has value
        $::g_BillContact{'EMAIL'} !~ /\@/) # and it is not in the expected format
        {
        $sPreValidationError .= ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 2378);
        }
        #

The trick is to "comment out" those lines of code in this block which are not already commented out by putting a # in front of each line of code. This was first suggested by Actinic support and I mention it ONLY so that you can "jog their memory" if they don't come up with the same solution. If you must try it before they confirm it (or something similar) as a solution - back up the file first! (plus I take no responsibility.......)
        <div>
        <a href="http://www.aquazuro.co.uk/" target="_blank">Designer stainless steel accessories for home and business – www.Aquazuro.co.uk</a><br />
        </div>

Comment

Working...
        X