Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot goto checkout on test site online..Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot goto checkout on test site online..Help!

Ive setup a test site online to see the site working.
    Normally I have been viewing the site locally using http://localhost/ having followed the guide by Actinic for setting up a server on my local pc.

Basically my network configuration within actinic is still set to create the site locally, but where the local files were stored i just uploaded them via ftp to the webspace.

However, if you goto "buy now" on any product page cannot be displayed as it attempts to load up http://localhost.

How can i get around this?
    Will changing the network configuration settings within Actinic solve this
    so that the files upload directly to the webspace rather than create them locally onto my pc?

Here is the link to the site:

CLICK HERE!

Thanks!

The short answer I think is yes. You will need to change the network configuration settings in Actinic for the store to upload properly - you can't just ftp a copy up to another location.

Comment

Nice looking site Gavin - the colour scheme suits the products perfectly

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Save your "localhost" network settings to a text file (via Export) and then they'll be readily available if you need to switch back for a bit of local testing. Likewise save your real network settings after you've got them working.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Cheers, will take a look at this at some point.
          Thanks for the compliment about the site - it is appreciated

Comment

Yep, setup the network settings to upload to my webspace and now I can view pages which I couldnt before. - Cheers all for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X