Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit card help

Hi everyone
    I own a small business but we are rapidly growing. I'm at a point now where we can't spend anymore time holding peoples hand through the PayPal process and we need to take cards online.
    We bank with Lloyds and my understanding is that they're not Actinic compatable. So my choices are open a merchant account with Lloyds, and then pay 2 companies to process my order, or to find someone with an online merchant account to do the entire thing.
    At the moment we'd only be processing around 4k a month but there is a very good possibilty that will double by the time we hit jan.
    I need some advice as some of the online merchant account people that support actinic won't open a merchant account with such a small online turnover. Our turnover is bigger but this is the part that's online.
    Any help is very appreciated.

I suggest that you look at HSBC as they are the only bank that integrates directly with Actinic.

Comment

One of the shops we set up uses Securetrading to process and pays into Lloyds Cardnet - set up with ST was straightforward with Actinic. ST is not the cheapest around but the service and uptime is excellent. I would check out the total cost of each service - you might find that a one stop shop is not much cheaper than the system we used in this instance. Setting up with a turnover around 4k per month was not a problem, in fact the system I have mentioned was put in place when turnover was nil before the site was trading, although this was over three years ago.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

I will do. Thanks a bunch. If I use HSBC will they expect me to do all our business banking with them?

Comment

Have you looked at Worldpay?

Charges are reasonable I feel, and you have access to you account from any web-browser for processing payments. Easy to add on to Actinic also.

Comment

Working...
          X