Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent..Discount on Shopping Cart

Hi,

I have a 15% discount on my site that normally is displayed on the shopping cart and checkout pages. But for some reason it has stopped appearing. This is very worrying as customers won't be able to see their discount and take their business elsewhere.

Can anyone shed any light on this?? Most appreciated.

Kevin

site is www.herbssscotland.co.uk

Is the discount being taken but not showing or is it not being taken at all?

Have you checked it is still in use and that was not a time specific discount? Have you changed any of the checkout phase templates recently?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Jont,

Thanks for responding. I haven't changed anything at all which is why it is very odd. It normally appears actually in the cart and shoppping pages itself. Now it simply tells the customer that they will get a discount. The discount is coming off the order when they are sent their invoice.

Kevin.

Comment

Hi Kevin

Please could you check in "View | Discount and Surcharges Settings | Miscellaneous", that for "Discount Information", both boxes are ticked. If it is, then could you create a test discount, like 10% discount for coupon code and try testing that as well, to see if that the same

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

I have tried these things but can not understand why the discount is not being calculated and displayed on the checkout pages. All I can see is 'You will receive 15% discount if your cart value exceeds £1.00.' How can I change this. Its extreme;y frustrating as it did use to work. Is there a newer patch which has gotten rid of it by accdent?

thanks in advance

Kevin

Comment

maybe its just the mood I'm in but I wonder why someone who marks a thread as urgent, can explain why it then takes them 4 months to reply. I'd love to see them at work on a normal priority ticket.

But in order to help the ticket along it would help if you explain what settings you have to set up the discount, simply saying it used to work but doesn't now, gives us no clues.

Comment

LOL Jo, you've made me chuckle.

I never changed a thing guvnor, honest!....oh wait a minute.... i did do that thingymajig the other day and last month i moved host and that database crash the other day was scarey.....

Comment

Yes gentlemen very amusing. but it is actually urgent really as would you buy something that says you will get a discount but you won't actually see it until you get your invoice?

I can't access my actinic pc at the moment but can say that nothing has changed apart from a patch, hence the question. Is it tecnically possible that the patch has removed this functionality?

Kevin.

Comment

When a site has been up and running, without any problems, suddenly has something amended on it and then starts to fail, at least 99% of the time it will be due to the amendments just been made.

Hosting server changes will then cater for most of the remaining % of problems.

Whatever you did to the site, reverse it and then see what happens. If it is suddenly fixed, you know 100% it is something to do with the work you have done.

If it still fails after this change back, when in a state that you can be sure worked previously, then i'd contact your host to enquire about any changes they may have done 5 months ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X