Help with tracking code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with tracking code

I wonder if someone could confirm that what I am doing here is correct.

I have been asked to enter some code into our sites so that we can track where referrals come from and how much they spend.

I have been asked to:
    “add the code in the footer of a page that comes after a sale. An example of such a page might be one that says "Thank you for your order" or "Thank you for sending us an e-mail". Again, this snippet should be placed within any BODY tags:”

I assume that this would be at the bottom of Act_Order04.html

Then I have been asked to replace part of the code I have been given with the variable which will let us know how much that person has spent.

Would this be NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEVALUE

Many thanks
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

No.

There are several variables which refer to pricing in different formats (all in pennies, as a currency string with a currency symbol, etc) - so which one you need depends on the format your referrer scheme needs the details in.

The netquotevars available, and their formats, are listed in the v7 Advanced User Guide - near the back.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I am I right that Act_Order04.html is the final confirmation page after payment has been made?
      www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
      www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

Yes, that is correct.
        Bill

Comment

Thanks for the help so far Bill.

I have been looking in Apendix D: NETQUOTVAR dictionary and am struggling with exactly which NETQUOTVAR to use.

If we assume that I need the value of the order placed in uk pounds with a £ sign - I make it NETQUOTVAR:TOTAL

Is this correct

Comment

No - it will not be NQV:TOTAL to get both the symbol and the amount formatted in pounds and pence, you will need one of the first two shown below.

NETQUOTEVAR:FORMATTEDORDERTOTALHTML - the order total formatted in the appropriate currency and encoded for HTML display
            NETQUOTEVAR:FORMATTEDORDERTOTALCGI - the order total formatted in the appropriate currency and encoded for CGI
            NETQUOTEVAR:ACTINICORDERTOTAL - the order total formatted in the Actinic internal format (integer number in currency base unit)
            NETQUOTEVAR:NUMERICORDERTOTALCGI - the order total partially formatted in the appropriate currency and encoded for CGI. This value include decimal and thousand separators, but leaves off the currency symbol.
            Bill

Comment

Thanks bill

Comment

Working...
              X