Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving installation directory

Hi everyone,

I wnat to change the installation directory of the Actinic software. I would much prefer to do this without uninstalling and reinstalling, as this make it a lot of work to recreate all the sites and restore all the backups. I am hoping that i can just move the directory to our servers network share, and alter a few registry keys.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible, or are there hundreds of keys that would need to be changed.

Thanks in advance,
    Dave.
    www.xcelcius.com
    Thermal Underwear thats gives protection down to -25c

Hi there

If all your images for your sites are within your 'Site1' (or equivalent) folders (or within subfolders within those folders) you are well placed to do this.

I would, however, suggest taking snapshots and reinstalling the software though - it would be awful if you only discovered a serious problem with the setup a few weeks after putting the sites live.

Comment

So i can just move the directory that actinic is installed in?
      I dont need to alter any registry keys?

Not all images or files are within the folders that actinic creates, because they would be duplicated on our website, so i point them to use the same images.
      www.xcelcius.com
      Thermal Underwear thats gives protection down to -25c

Comment

David - I really would advise against it. I have no idea whether it would work or not, and it would be difficult to support. I would suggest very strongly taking the time to do the snapshots and uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

Comment

Working...
        X