Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact Form - Slight Problem

Hi Chaps,

Got a slight problem with the contact form on my website and was wondering if anyone had come across this before. If you fill in your details (Name, Email Address, Subject and Message) and then click 'Send' you get the following message:

"Error returned from SMTP server (4: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) )
    Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here."

The thing is - we are getting the enquiries that people are submitting from this form. I just need to get rid of this message somehow. Anyone know how to do this?
    Cheers
    Stuart

Related problem...

Something i've just noticed that could be related - customers have not been receiving order confirmation emails when they always have done in the past. We get order confirmation emails but not the customer (but then our email is hosted on the same mail server so that's probably why).

To try and get around this problem I have ticket the box in Busness Settings where it refers to email settings and FTP information. I have also added the username and password.

Once I did the above it stopped sending emails altogether. I have had to remove the email account details again and now i'm getting the confirmation emails again but customers aren't.

HELP!!!
    Cheers
    Stuart

Comment

In an attempt to reduce spam, your host has changed a setting so that email relaying is not permitted on the mail server. Unfortunately, they seem to have got it wrong, and you are only able to send mail internally??

One for the host to answer.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
      X