Stock monitoring and suspending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock monitoring and suspending

is there any way i can put one product on my site, and after it has been ordered, ordering to be suspended on that product for the next visitors to the site?
    mailto:matt@harlequindomains.com

The only way is to establish stock monitoring as normal, set suspend on 0 and then set up your actinic software to automatically launch say every 15 minutes or so with the /d directive.

Using this will launch the program download orders, update stock.

Hope it helps...

Comment

i think we are going to use a mole from www.mole-end.biz to do the auto upload etc....

thanks again...

Steve (matt works for us)

Comment

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
        The only way is to establish stock monitoring as normal, set suspend on 0 and then set up your actinic software to automatically launch say every 15 minutes or so with the /d directive.

Using this will launch the program download orders, update stock.

Hope it helps...
        Hi there,
        Could you please explain how to do this, I was under the impression that it could only be done with an add on mole!

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Comment

actually...

I am still surprised that this is not catered for automatically in Actinic...

Forgive me for sometimes being not as technically aware as i would like to be but is it not possible for actinic to simply decrease the stock available after something has been bought by writing directly to the .cat file or wherever its actually held???

this would make greater functionality in webmasters eyes....

an example we have is where a client says he has 100 cds left for sale and someone orders 20...the very next user can order 100 still and that really annoys them when they then have to contact the customer, explain the problem, alter the order and possibly have to cancel it....its an issue i think needs looking at if its possible.....

Steve Quinn
          steve@<NOSPAM>harlequindomains.com

Comment

Simon,

Business has an option to run in batch mode, so you can run it at scheduled intervals to upload the catalog. It doesn't close itself down when the run is complete so you also need to find a way of closing it because if you don't then it can't run when the next timeslot arrives because it is already running ... It might be less time consuming to buy a mole than to try and set this up, they can be up and running on your machine in minutes, I am rather biased though given that I write the moles.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for your reply Jan,
              That would explain my ignorance as I am actually running Catalog and not Business.
              There are lots of moles available on your site that I am itching to buy when funds are available.
              Must say thanks for the free ones you have recently been supplying.

Thanks

Simon

Comment

Working...
              X