Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View Basket Template

Hi

I can see that similar questions have been asked but I want to double check what I am doing is correct.

I am currently customising an actinic website for Fab Autoparts (http://www.fabautoparts.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html). The View basket page has not picked up the changes completely (see http://www.fabautoparts.co.uk/cgi-bi...TION=SHOWCART), even though in Design | Options | Layouts says 'Use Parent'.
    What template should I be configuring to make the buttons the right height and pick up the correct navigation items at the top of the page???

Is is Act_PrimaryCheckout.html??
    Is it Act_BrochurePrimary.html??
    Is it Act_ShoppingCart.html??

As far as I can see its none of them what am I doing wrong??!!

Many Thanks

Lisa

Go to Design | Options, Layouts tab, and click the Edit button alongside the template name for View Cart Layout.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

What is the name of that template?? Should there already be the navigation links in there that I can alter the height of the custom images I have used?

Lisa x

Comment

You should not need to know the name following Bills method - it is most likely to be Act_PrimaryCheckout.html though

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

What is the name of that template??
          I do not know. I cannot see your screen. Look in the top left of the Notepad [or whatever editing software you are using] window for the filename.

I gave you the route that gets you the correct file - no matter what it is called. I'm sorry if that is not what you wanted.
          Bill

Comment

Hi

I am updating the page in Design | Options | Layouts for the View Basket page and no matter what template I choose and change the page does not change when I upload the site. What I am doing wrong?
            thanks

Lisa

Comment

Hi

I have also refreshed the site and refreshed my browser and nothing changes. Help this is really baffling!!

Thanks

Lisa

Comment

Lisa,

If you temporarily uncheck the Compact HTML option and upload the web page, then you can check the name of the template(s) being used for each part of the page - when you view the page source code.

Then reset the Compact checkbox and upload again to reduce file size and make the pages load faster for your customers.
                Bill

Comment

Hi Bill

Thanks for the suggestion.
                  I do not work with Actinic regularly and only go into help FAB Autoparts out now and then so am learning about it on the go. Next time I am in I will try your suggestion. Just to speed things up a bit when I go in, where is it that you uncheck 'Compact HTML'?
                  Thanks again for the help I really appreciate it. I'll post an update when I have tried it.

Lisa x

Comment

Hi Lisa,

That one is on Design | Options - Miscellaneous tab.
                    Bill

Comment

There are several complex nested layouts within the checkout area - each handling various components ... the one that seems to get over looked is called ???XML (not at Actinic PC and can't recall exact name but it has XML in there) and well worth a look.... uncompacting the code as Bill suggests is the iron clad route (assuiming the comments have not been deleted from the template)

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Act_ShoppingCartXML.html is the one that lays out the inside of the Cart.

Note that this is not a static template used to build the page on the backoffice system, but is processed on the server by the Cart scripts.
                        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                        X