Extended Info Behaviour - Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Info Behaviour - Google

Right, my site is finally starting to crawl out of the dreaded google sandbox and I've successfully got the search engines to index my extended info pages - all well and good - until the user actually clicks on a link.

What happens is the popup opens in the full browser window, a big error message pops up - "cannot find product, make sure main page is still displaying product" etc. User pulls confused face, clicks OK.

Before they have a chance to try something obvious like try and find my homepage the next error pops up - this one just says "the web page you are trying to view is trying to close the window".

What's the best thing to do here? My ideal would be that I could tweak something to make the page automatically redirect to the source page with that product on if a popup is opened independently. I know the 'close window' text performs this function and I could change text to indicate, but I suspect that after two error messages any visitor would probably just click the back button and get out rather than look for an answer on the page. Is there a function I could change to make it just do it rather than throwing up errors? If so, how?

All and any input would be much appreciated.
    Caite
    www.tuppys.co.uk

You are using my add-on that gives the popup page submit and attribute buttons.

This wasn't designed to work in the scenario you mention (the popup pages were not intended to be spiderable).

It can probably be fixed but you'd best contact me by email.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X