Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback for new shop please

Hi everyone

This forum has been invaluable so far in getting the shop up & running - but so far to make a sale!

I'd really appreciate any feedback from those of you out there expert in such things!

Webshop is at:
    http://www.mulberrytreegallery.co.uk...talogBody.html

I'm using the shared SSL for payments, and so far we can only ship to the UK.

Many thanks in advance,
    Harry
    Harry

Webmaster and Art Consultant
    http://www.mulberrytreegallery.co.uk

First impressions - very nice looking site. Second impressions are the same.

Few things i noticed:

Why make the user have to click on search before they can use it? Have the small and easily accomodatable (is that a word?) simple search on the page with a link for them to use the advanced search if they want to.

You are only shipping to the UK, so remove the other countries from the possibilities for the time being. As you start shipping further afield, just reintroduce them. Its pointless having a list if there is no choice etc. I was able to select Sweden for an order.

Your terms and conditions on the cart page are a mess. It would appear that your carriage returns have disappeared. Just need to present that a bit better.

Terms and conditions button (top right) is not obvious to see, quite a few visitors will want to see these, so make them easy to find. There is no need to obfuscate helpful links like those.

On the artists page, you have a massive gap down the left hand navigation, why not fill this up with links to the various artists. Try and reduce the amount of clicks a user will have to make to the bare minimum. The page is very long so use the space wisely, it is valuable space not being used to its full potential.

On the whole i think you can use the left hand navigation space a bit better, if the pages are long already, then use the space a bit wiser.

On the whole i really like the look, looks professional, clean and you should be proud of what you have achieved. I would personally change the title tags to show the artists name first as you may well struggle to get them indexed as the are all very similar.

Nice job!

PS1 - the art vouchers should be able to be bought from the information page, if someone wants some they have to navigate and find them? make it user friendly.

PS2 - That's the best looking site that i have ever seen ask for a site review.

PS3 - Still looking!! I would like to see the pictures with an option for a larger image, they are quite small currently which is great for browsing, however if someone wants to take a closer look, then let them.

Comment

Harry,

Nice looking site! I like the logo integration and the colour scheme.
      Only a couple of small points:.

Delivery is £12.95 on the shop home page and £13.95 in the T's and C's
      T's and C's are a bit heavy - could be off-putting. The one about "All orders for goods shall be deemed to be an offer by you to purchase goods... " always seems a bit strong.

"Items sent by courier are usually collected within two working days and delivered in the UK within another two working days"
      Four days wait for 13 quid - seems a bit steep. I appreciate that these items need careful packing and handling and are an unusual shape.

On the Fabian Perez page, there is no space between the images and the text. Its OK on the others I looked at.

No option of a larger image?

Alan Compton
      www.greenknightgames.co.uk
      Great board games and cards games you won't find in the High Street
      http://www.greenknightgames.co.uk/ac...iftTRAP_2.html
      Think you know what your friends and family want for Christmas?
      Play GiftTRAP - the ideal Christmas party game - and find out!

Comment

Great colour scheme that suits the site well. The blue links to the cart could do with styling as they stand out like a sore thumb.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by HarryCornelius
          Hi everyone

This forum has been invaluable so far in getting the shop up & running - but so far to make a sale!

I'd really appreciate any feedback from those of you out there expert in such things!

Webshop is at:
          http://www.mulberrytreegallery.co.uk...talogBody.html

I'm using the shared SSL for payments, and so far we can only ship to the UK.

Many thanks in advance,
          Harry

Hi

Just some initial impressions:

Nice looking site, but I had to 'look' for the products. Apparently statistics say that the average visitor spends 2 seconds (literally) making a judgement on your website before deciding to stay or leave. So it might be good to move the 'online webshop' link to the top of the left hand navigation bar. According to those that study such things, the left hand panel is where most people look for navigation of a website. The image you are using looks very nice but I didnt release instantly that it was a link to your products. A link that looks like the others would be 'obvious' to people that it is a link and thus encourge clicks.

I would also ask whether you know if people are visiting your site and not buying, or not visiting? I have found implementing Google Analytics extremly usefull for finding out the answer to that question!

Hope that helps
          Pete

Comment

Fantastic responses with some extremely valuable feedback which I shall try to implement.

I have Analytics running on the main site, but will implement for the webshop as well. Currently running Adwords which is proving quite successful but as yet I haven't converted any sales to leads.

I'll be focussing on improving the organic positioning of the webshop in google - some artists are better than others.

Great stuff - I've used a few forums, but this is definately one of the most useful, thanks everyone.

PS I had some fun integrating the shop as the site is CSS!

Harry
            Harry

Webmaster and Art Consultant
            http://www.mulberrytreegallery.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X