Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Express shipping option and 'free over'

Hi

We offer implemented 'gift vouchers' by using coupon codes and get free postage on them by setting:
    calculation by total weight
    and in the shipping bands having a standard delivery with:
    0->£0.00
    0.25 ->£2.50

'take the highest value in the table' is checked.

All products are then set with a default weight of 0.25 except the 'gift vouchers'.

This then means that when someone buys a gift voucher only, no postage is applied.

We also have the 'free over' check box checked to give free postage over £35.

However, I would now like to offer an express delivery option that customers can choose. So I have added another shipping band with
    0->£0.00
    0.25 ->£3.50

However, when their basket is over £35 they dont have any option but to use the standard 'free' delivery.

What I am doing wrong?

You are doing nothing wrong, it's a global setting and will apply free shipping for ANY delivery for every band even outside the UK!

Something that should have been addressed in V8.

Duncan
    Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Allan
      You are doing nothing wrong, it's a global setting and will apply free shipping for ANY delivery for every band even outside the UK!

Something that should have been addressed in V8.

Duncan
      Does that mean its not possible to offer free standard shipping and a paid express option?

Comment

If you set free postage over your £35.00 this will overide everything else and so everything will be free postage.
        This is one of the down sides of the shipping facility.

I can think of a work around but it would best if I explained if you called me rather than me writing it out.

Duncan
        Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Allan
          I can think of a work around but it would best if I explained if you called me rather than me writing it out.

Duncan
          Thank you for the offer. I appreciate that its difficult to write everything down, but as I'm usless at remembering things even minutes after talking about them I really need written instructions!

Since you posted the original reply I thought I found a work around, but that doiesnt seem to work either... see my latest post!

Thank you anyway

Comment

Working...
          X