Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing /acatalog/ folder?

Hi

I have a drop down list menu on the brochure page which is the website's home page. However, selecting items from the menu takes you to a Page Not Found page as the /acatalog/ part of the url seems to be missing.

I have searched the forum and thought I had found the answer in this thread and have done as Chris Dicken suggested, namely delete everything from /acatalog/ directory in the server, remove '&ACTINIC_REFERRER=' + escape(location.href) + from the script in the <head> section of the template and refreshed the site....twice! But the problem persists.

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Jon

It may be you still have a dodgy session file on the server which has stored the wrong URL for the acatalog folder within it.

Try going to 'Help | Troubleshooting' and then click 'Purge Session Files' in order to clear those.

Could you also give me a URL that I can look at the check the store for myself?

Comment

Hi Chris

I tried your suggestion but it still didn't work. (On previous attempts I had deleted all the files off the web directory anyway.) However, I thought...I'll just have one more go deleting everything and refeshing the site, and now miraculously it works again!

If you could have a look anyway and see whether you think the problem might re-iccur, I'd appreciate it.

Globaholic.com

Cheers

Jon

Comment

That's "occur" - my spill chooker isn't wyking!

Comment

Oh God it's doing it again!!

I have made a couple of small changes to templates in other areas and some catalog changes but that's all

What's going on....help!

Jon

Comment

I have not yet found a water-tight way of sorting these out when they go wrong.

As a suggestion, I would recommend you re-instate the

'&ACTINIC_REFERRER=' + escape(location.href) +

command in the JavaScript in the <HEAD> area.

Then upload and then purge all your session files before testing the site again.

Comment

OK I have done as you suggest and it seems to be OK. But for how long? Any further thoughts on resolving the problem permanently would be appreciated...

BTW another problem I had with the simple search bar not working in the catalog pages still persists. Tried pinbrook's suggestion of starting with a clean Act_SimpleSearch.html but a search just takes you to the same page you started on.

Any ideas please?

Cheers
              Jon

Comment

I think it will be fine now.

I went on your site yesterday and saw the problem when I selected a section from the drop-down. Then this morning I cleared my cookies and did exactly the same thing and it worked fine.

Comment

Thanks

Any views on the search bar problem, i.e. not working on catalog pages?

Cheers
                  Jon

Comment

It looks as if you do not have a </form> af the end of your drop-down box code, which is corrupting all the other forms in the page.

Comment

I took that out because it was generating a line break and distorting the table, but I put it back in the next table cell (blank except for an image backgroung) in Act_Primary.html. So that should work shouldn't it?

Cheers
                      Jon

Comment

Should do.

You can also add the following lines into actinic.css:

form{
                        margin-top:0px;
                        margin-right:0px;
                        margin-bottom:0px;
                        margin-left:0px;
                        }

to elimiate any gaps created by <form> tags

Comment

OK thanks. Good tip for an irritating problem with </form> tags.

But that still leaves me with a non-functioning search bar. Any more ideas?

Cheers
                          Jon

Comment

When I search with your search bar, I get the following parameters coming into the search:

http://www.globaholic.com/acatalog/Tibetan_Amulet_Boxes.html?ACT_droplstbox=&SS=wood&PR=-1&TB=A&SHOP=&RANDOM=NETQUOTEVAR%3ARANDOM&USER=&PASS=&HASH=&SSLBOUNCE=&challenge=5fc7f2425c9afcef1571b5ca4e196c22&challengeou

These are all the input parameters on the page, which is why I suggested the fix with adding the </form> tag to the drop-list.

Having just looked at http://www.globaholic.com/acatalog/T...let_Boxes.html I can see that the </form> is still missing from the drop-down code.

Comment

Chris

It is working OK now thanks although I will have to move the search bar as the </form> tag still creates a line break.

However, I still don't get why it didn't pick up the </form> tag before. OK it wasn't in Act_Simplesearch.html, but it was in Act_Primary.html in the next table cell to the right of where NETQUOTEVAR:SIMPLESEARCH was.

Also, I am getting quite a lot of seemingly random CGI error/incorrect http headers messages when navigating the site. This isn't connected is it - some wierd server problem or something?

Have a good weekend

Jon

PS Thanks for helping me up the learning curve!

Comment

Working...
                              X