'Going Straight to the Checkout after Adding to Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Going Straight to the Checkout after Adding to Cart

I thought I might be able to add a product that would be express shipping which could be added at the checkout using a combination of 'Going Straight to the Checkout after Adding to Cart p46, and Adding to Cart from Anywhere on the Internet p45.

So I followed these instructions:

Going Straight to the Checkout after Adding to Cart
    This solution will take customers straight to the checkout after adding product to the cart from a
    page with a shopping mode of 'Quantity on Product Page' with a single add to cart button per page.
    This is set in the ‘Layout’ tab of the section.

1. Create a file called, for example, AutoCheckout.html in the site folder using a text editor such
    as Notepad.
    2. Insert the following lines...
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="ACTION" VALUE="Checkout Now">
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="CHECKOUTURL"
    VALUE="cgi-bin-url/os00000x.pl?ACTION=Start" TARGET="_self">
    The phrase 'Checkout Now' must be replaced with the exact text as defined in Design | Text |
    Go to | Phase -1, ID 184 (Default is 'Checkout Now').
    The phrase 'Start' must be replaced with the encoded text as defined in Design | Text | Go to |
    Phase -1, ID 113 (default is 'Start').
    'cgi-bin-url' must be replaced by cgi-bin URL as defined in Network Setup.
    Change the x in os00000x.pl to whatever your 'CGI Script ID' number is.
    3. Go to 'Advanced | Custom Properties' and create a new custom property called 'AutoCheckout'.
    4. Next, double click the section that is to have this function, and go to the 'Properties' tab.
    5. Add a new row to the grid, and select the Custom Variable 'AutoCheckout'.
    6. Set the value to 'AutoCheckout.html' or whatever the file was saved as earlier.
    7. Untick 'Searchable'.
    8. Tick 'Use as CUSTOMVAR', 'File Name' and 'Use File Content'.
    9. Click 'OK'.
    10. Next, edit the template 'Act_SingleCartButton.html'.
    11. Insert ‘CUSTOMVAR:AUTOCHECKOUT’ anywhere in the template.
    12. Update the site and test.
    However, it does not appear to work, adding the product goes back to the last brochuure page as normal. Even clicking on 'add to cart' on the product does not take me straight to the checkout.

Does this actually work for anyone else?

arhhh found that the section with the property must have the layout- shoping mode, set to 'single add to cart button per page'.

That works for a 'manual' click, but not for the auto product add. I assume it basically works due to the ‘CUSTOMVAR:AUTOCHECKOUT’ being added to 'Act_SingleCartButton.html'.

Is there anyway to make this work with the link format suggested on p45?

Comment

Hi Sarah

'Act_SingleCartButton.html' is only for single add to cart button per page, if you are choosing another layout, then try putting the code in "Advance | Template Manager | Section" and click on "CART". Try this please.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
      X