Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone out there use UK2 for hosting?

Hi
    Our site has been down all day with an error when we try to upload actinic, which reads 'the connection with the server was reset' Despite contacting uk2 at lunchtime and then two hours later (there is no telephone support) no-one has contacted us. I then tried their 'online operator chat' to which I got the reply 'no operators available'. Is anyone else having a similar probem today? How easy/difficult is it to change host. Does it take hours/days/weeks. Can anyone recommend a good host as this has happened before. It's the difficulty in getting anyone to help us/lack of support that is always the problem. This was our busiest day sales-wise last year and we have lost a lot of valuable orders. Sorry to sound so annoyed but it is so frustrating.

alison
    www.hificablesandaccessories.co.uk

I've used them to register domain names but they seem too small to host a serious business website.

I have a 1and1 Business Pro package from 1and1 internet. Quite a few people use them with Actinic and you get alot for your money. Never had any known down time in the last 12 months. I can recommend 1and1.

regards
    Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave. I'll have a look at their website just now.

cheers

Ali

Comment

Have just received an email from UK2 explaining that the UK2 ISP was 'hijacked' today by an indonesian ISP, and all has been rectified. However, I have spent 8 hours trying to rectify something that I couldn't rectify and a simple email would have let me know that they were trying to fix the problem.

Comment

I transferred out all of my domains from UK2 to 1and1.

They are expensive, non responsive and hang on to domains for as long as possible. I had big problems with UK2 as they set the admin-c to themselves thus blocking a move away.

The hidden and obscure link to start the process is:

http://amail.co.uk/moveaway.htm

Duncan
          Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

Working...
          X