Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report that shows customer comments?

Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to print a report / export data from orders placed to show customer comments.

When customers place orders they are asked:

How did you find us?
    Reason for buying

It would be great if there was someway I could extract this information.

Thanks in advance

Mel

Not that I know of.

Comment

You can if you have MS Access. Open the Actinic.mdb and open table 'Orders', then look at fields 'Reason For Purchase' and 'How Find Site'. You can cut and paste those into excel or whatever.

Edit: Or you can use Excel to 'Import External Data' and point to the Actinic.mdb and table Orders. It will then import the whole table and you can use the fields that you want.

Comment

Nice one Duncan - I didnt think of that one!

Comment

I've thrown together a cheap and nasty, just to do this.

Order number, Customer name, Order date, three comment fields (how found, why buy, other info), Order value, Ref. It ignores any order which has no comments.

Available Free of Charge at http://www.egyptianwonders.co.uk/BCReporter/publish.htm

Just click the install button, and the application will be installed to your Start Menu. It will automatically check for updates and alert you if these are available. The application can be uninstalled from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

There is a one available in my free software library as well, it's called something like Customer Comments report. It has a pretty graph on it I think.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

WOW guys - Ive been thinking about getting this info out for ages and now Im spoiled for choice

Comment

Now thats what I call excellent free info.

Thanks guys, same as Malcolm on this one, got fed up with going under the bonnet of Access and dragging it out so a quick and easy fix...off to mole end I go

Regards
                Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Just found that the info is also available as standard in V8 if you use the mailing list function. They are user defined 3 and 4.

Comment

Darn, just after I updated the free jobbie I wrote, to use a more refined report structure....
                    Bill
                    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Its also there in Jans OSOP, we pullthisinfo out as we do our monthly reports. It makes fun reading.

Comment

Working...
                      X