confirmation of order e-mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

confirmation of order e-mail

I have set up actinic with the company e-mail address as 'customer-service@realrabbits.com' I have also set it up to send an e-mail to customer to confirm this order has been recived. However, I want this e-mail to come from the address 'auto-orders@realrabbits.com' which is an e-mail account we have set up for sending these e-mails only. We don't want to customers to use this address when contacting us and I will be adding a paragraph to the e-mail template letting them know that they shouldn't reply to the message and they should instead go to our contact us page.

I have already set up an 'auto responder' on the auto-orders mailbox so if they do reply to this address they get a message back.

How can I set up actinic so that the e-mail address displayed on the site is 'customer-service@realrabbits.com' but the confirmation of order email arrives from 'auto-orders@realrabbits.com'?

Thanks
    Dave

Hi Dave

You need to change your general email adress (in 'Business Settings | Company/Contact') to be the the one you want to use for your emails. Then in order to change the email address for the 'Contact Us' form a little Perl change is required...

Open the file called 'MailForm.pl' within your 'Site1' folder in Notepad. Then search for SendMailToMerchant
    change the line
    $sEmailRecpt = $::g_InputHash{'EmailAddress'};
    to
    $sEmailRecpt = 'email address to be used';

Make sure you put a '\' before the '@' symbol though.

e.g. $sEmailRecpt = 'customer-service\@realrabbits.com';

Comment

Working...
    X