Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I make the Checkout pages Secure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I make the Checkout pages Secure?

Ok, Ive tested my site online, however the pages where the customer completes with their delivery details, credit card details, etc is not secure.

What do I need to do now to make these pages secure?

Thanks.

Best answer is - a Payment Service Provider.

You not only need to worry about the online security when the data is being entered, but also about what happens to the data afterwards.

A PSP takes care of all of that for you, so you can concentrate on the site content.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Great. So how do I incorporate this into my site?

Comment

Read (in Actinic) Help | help Topics | Online Payment | What is a Payment Service Provider?
        Bill

Comment

We used to use Protx and we've always found them to be really reliable.

The only down side we found was that if you have any out of stock items and don't back order you can't amend the amount of the payment. You have to do a refund for the difference - this incurs another card processing fee.

Comment

We avoid refunds by not charging until the goods are despatched. Using the PRE-AUTHORISED payment method, there is no time limit and no amount is actually deducted until we go to the terminal and confirm the transaction and the amount.

Not looking forward to the pending change away from PREAUTH.

Protx also offer DEFERRED payment, which is similar, but has a time limit after which you cannot take the money.
            Bill

Comment

We used to use the deferred payment option but in the two years of using them I never knew you could do a pre-authorisation and then amend the amount. I always thought it was a similar set up to Paypal except you could defer the payment until you come to dispatching.

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
                We avoid refunds by not charging until the goods are despatched. Using the PRE-AUTHORISED payment method, there is no time limit and no amount is actually deducted until we go to the terminal and confirm the transaction and the amount.

Not looking forward to the pending change away from PREAUTH.

Protx also offer DEFERRED payment, which is similar, but has a time limit after which you cannot take the money.
                Hi Bill,
                Can you elaborate on how this pre-authorised payment method actually works (and how its setup via actinic) please? The problem we face is that stock levels are never 100% trustworthy, and therefore there is always going to be the possibility of items out of stock when orders arrive into us. Having the order placed and retrieved and payment NOT being taken until it is processed and checked to see if goods are in stock, maybe a more feasible option for us.

Do you just receive the order with transaction (cc, delivery address, etc), and then you just process the order through the PDQ machine once determind that you have the products in stock to complete the order?

I would also like to ask as to which PSP's Actinic are compatible with?
                The only PSPs I am aware of that I have myself used personally are Protx, SecPay and WorldPay. Note, we have a Merchant Account with Barclays.

Comment

Pre-auth has to be set up with Protx, and a recent post by the Comic Man indicates that they stopped offering the solution to new customers on 1st November.

The list of available PSPs shows in the drop down list on the Payments & Security tab in View | Business Settings.
                  Bill

Comment

we have a Merchant Account with Barclays.
                    I would suggest going with epdq (Barclays) as this will integrate directly via securehoseting - they allow you to cutomise your PSP page so it looks like part of your website. You will also get a virtual terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                      I would suggest going with epdq (Barclays) as this will integrate directly via securehoseting - they allow you to cutomise your PSP page so it looks like part of your website. You will also get a virtual terminal.
                      Cheers.
                      On the View | Business Settings | Payment and Security

is this the Secure Hosting (EPDQ) option from the drop down box?

If we decided to use this PSP how would we go about setting up with Barclays epdq?

Thanks.

Comment

is this the Secure Hosting (EPDQ) option
                        Yes - as for setting it up - you will need to contact barclays and secure hosting who have all the details on thier website.

Comment

Yes - as for setting it up - you will need to contact barclays and secure hosting who have all the details on thier website.
                          Cheers.
                          I have had a look ath the ePDQ option, and a couple of others namely, secpay and worldpay, and have emailed the sales on the latter of the two.

With regards to ePQD and Secure hosting, it seems a bit confusing to me as to what we would actually require to do?

http://www.securehosting.com/sh2/actinic.htm
                          I am assuming from this page, it explains how to integrated secure hosting into your actinic store, which seems relatively straight forward.

http://www.securehosting.com/sh2/services.htm
                          The secure hosting services and prices page, I assume here you choose one of the package deals they have. I take it to use with actinic will require to choose the eCOM STANDARD as it states in the description - integration with your custom built shopping cart or "off the shelf" shopping cart.

Does this mean pricing is this:

eCOM Standard - Annual fee of £195
                          and with integration through actinic the £35 setup free is waived.

and for each transaction there is an 8p fee

That is what I am assuming from reading these pages, please correct me if I am wrong on this - Thanks!

Comment

You are wrong about the secure hosting - read it all again. It will cost you £100pa for the service you are after. Im sorry but I dont have time to write a complete guide to epdq integration today

Comment

You are wrong about the secure hosting - read it all again. It will cost you £100pa for the service you are after. Im sorry but I dont have time to write a complete guide to epdq integration today
                              I understand.

Ive re-read the info, and I see you are referring to the SH-Store

SH Store
                              The SecureHosting Store is a hosted database driven shopping cart system, allowing you to manage a large online catalogue of items for sale.
                              Products are managed through an external windows application meaning you can maintain your store information offline before uploading to your live site.
                              COST : £95 / year

Comment

Working...
                              X