Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I make the Checkout pages Secure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see you are referring to the SH-Store
    NO - read it again or call them.

Comment

Am I having a blond day today or what!?

Ok is it eCOM BASIC ?

http://www.securehosting.com/sh2/basic.htm

£85 + VAT

Comment

If you cannot find this then I would give up and start another job

http://www.securehosting.com/sh2/actinic.htm

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
          If you cannot find this then I would give up and start another job

http://www.securehosting.com/sh2/actinic.htm
          Thanks for the link,
          This is the first time I have to had to setup a PSP before, and am sure you were once in the same position as me?

Where on that page does it mention any figure of £100 or anything near to that value? As that is what i was searching for on all the securehosting services they offer.

Comment

figure of £100
            £85 plus VAT - call them and they will talk you through it. It may be your first time but its best to speak to the people you will be paying the money to.

Please dont expect a complete hand holding service from me via the forum you will get all the help you need from them which is why I pointed you there in the first place.

Comment

am sure you were once in the same position as me?
              I was and I called Secure Hosting and they told me how to get it working.

Comment

I here what you saying.
                Ever since I joined the forum when I started to use Actinic, all members have been friendly, co-operative and helpful and for that I have been very grateful.

I dont expect a hand-holding guidance, from you, I just wanted to have some facts about their service before I went ahead to call them, so I know in my own mind what I need and so that they don't try to sell me any add-on service(s) that I will not require. And what better place to ask than the Actinic Support Forum?

Comment

The question you asked was
                  If we decided to use this PSP how would we go about setting up with Barclays epdq
                  and I directed you to the appropriate websites where all the information you need is contained.

How appropriate it is to your website/business I have no idea as I dont even know your business name and cannot see your website. So I can only offer what I can - just like your comment about having a blonde moment (you have had several recently) my comment about you getting another job should be taken in the same light.

Obviously you are not happy with with me offering FREE help so I will leave you to get help from other members of the forum in future.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb

How appropriate it is to your website/business I have no idea as I dont even know your business name and cannot see your website.
                    See first page link - thats a test of the new site. From there you can see what the business name is, and type of products we sell.

Obviously you are not happy with with me offering FREE help so I will leave you to get help from other members of the forum in future.
                    Of course I appreciate the help, in fact any help from any member of the forum. You have been a member longer than me on this forum, and I respect that. I just don't appreciate sarcy comments made to me, when all I am asking is for help/guidance on a particular subject of Actinic - like any other member on here.

There were 3 or 4 packages available to purchase on the securehosting site, and all I wanted to know was which package I needed. Once I had the correct info I needed then I was prepared and ready to call them. This amount of info can be a lot of information for someone new to PSP to digest, and therefore asked for a little bit more info thats it. Your original comments were a result as if I had asked you to do it for me. Which is of course not the case.

Personally I'm not interested in continuing this backwards and forwards comments, he says, she says type of conversation. You have made your feelings clear on how you feel.

Just one more thing, if you are not prepared to offer your FREE help, with some feedback, then why be on the forum?

Comment

Missed the link - sorry. If you want as you say to make the delivery details secure then epdq will NOT do this for you it will only enable the payment details to be processed. If you want both secure then you will need SSL on the delivery details and Secure Hosting/epdq on the payment page.

using secure hosting is the only true method I know where you can fully integrate the psp into a website, the others eg HSBC will not allow this.

One big advantage of using the epdq is that you will be able to put the Barclays logo on your website and increase your credibility.

Comment

If you want both secure then you will need SSL on the delivery details and Secure Hosting/epdq on the payment page.
                        Thanks.
                        Yes this is what we need if possible. So that when the customer is immediately onto the check out page filling in their delivery details and transaction details, they are on a secure page. If this is the case, then I am slightly confused as to what we actually need to purchase (although am sure ePDQ will be able to help us out).

It also all boils down to what my boss is prepared to pay for as well, and what would be most feasible for our site.

I did not realise that what you originally mentioned will only make the credit card details page secure. Is there any disadvantages to just having this page secure, is it necessary to have the delivery details page secure?

I've seen online sites written using actinic which I myself purchased from "SVP Communications" for my blank dvdrs. When you got to the checkout page, it transferred you to the "secpay" page, where you filled in your delivery details/credit card details, after payment had been authorised, you were reverted back to the site.

Comment

Is there any disadvantages to just having this page secure, is it necessary to have the delivery details page secure
                          IMO there is not much disadvantage - its the credit card part that is important although some people do like all thier personal data on secure pages. As you say its down to how much the boss is willing to pay.

If you are willing to process off line then you only need SSL as you can process the cards through the virtual terminal - this way all pages in checkot can be secure. Be aware though that psps are stopping this option so you will need to check with epdq about how amny cards you can process off line.

Secpay works in a similar way I seem to remember - I have really only ever removed Secpay from websites as a payment option because it was not very good. I dont know the site you are talking about but it sounds like they had some extra security on the delivery details pages.

Your website looks high quality and a Barclays bank logo would suit it (its even blue!) better than some other PSPs. I would go with epdq and if people are dropping out at the delivery details page you can always add SSL to those pages later.

Comment

Cheers Malcolm about the comments about the site - its appreciated.
                            I am pretty pleased with the overall look myself, and I hear what your saying about the Barclaycard logo it would be in uniform with the rest of the site.

I really need to get an answer from my boss with regards to whether the payment process will be done offline, or online, that way I will know which path to choose. As of right this min, and having brief conversations with him, I am sure he wants to go down the path of payments being processed online. So when orders come in, the payment processing side of things is complete. He could of changed his mind in the meantime, but he does need to make his decision ASAP.

So just to recap, going through the ePDQ for the £85+VAT per annum that you have mentioned already (actinic integration), will give the payment details page secure only?

To think of it I'm pretty sure that most ecommerce sites just have the payment pages secure? I'm just trying to recall the last purchase I made online, and I'm 95% sure it was, and it was some well known site like play.com or something like that , was a few weeks ago.

Comment

So just to recap, going through the ePDQ for the £85+VAT per annum that you have mentioned already (actinic integration), will give the payment details page secure only?
                              Yes that is correct.

Comment

There is a free trial on the Securehosting website so you can set it all up and let the boss have a look.

Comment

Working...
                                X