Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uploading - no errors - but no change ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that's it - I've tried amending something else to force an update on the home page but it's still not budging !

I think I'm going to have to put in a ticket with Actinic.

Thank you for all your help in the meantime

Comment

Thought that this would be helpful to link here as it's related.

Duncan

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=24290
      Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

Don't see how that's related Duncan. You are talking about desktop PC preview not updating,

Hayley has a problem where the online contents are out of synch with the desktop contents, and it seems that Actinic has lost the ability to sync.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Not sure Bill.

I have what I thought was the same problem and is related to the preview within Actinic and not on site.

There are a couple of threads that seem to display problems that perhaps may be related to the link I provided.

Duncan
          Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

Just a quick update

I've put a ticket in with Actinic and will report back asap.

Just to clarify my preview in Actinic is fine - it's the published site that's causing the problems. Changes made, and confirmed in Actinic aren't showing on the live Site

Comment

Just posting this as an update incase anyone else experiences the same problem.

A very helpful lady, Tracey, at Actinic Support has helped resolve the situation.

Open 'Windows Explorer' and browse to 'c:\program files\actinic v7\sites\Site1\SiteHTML' and locate 'SiteRoot_index.html'. Double-click on this file to open it in a browser window (it won't look right because the reference for the stylesheet will be wrong offline but don't worry about that). Is the correction you've made to your home page showing? If so, then the page is being generated correctly but for some reason is not being uploaded to the website. If not, then it looks like the page isn't being generated correctly. In this case, you could try deleting the file from within this folder.

The amendment was showing so I went on to action the following...

I'd also suggest that within Actinic you go to 'Housekeeping | Warning Management' and tick the option for 'uploading brochure to site root directory' (7th from bottom of list) and then upload the site again (I suggest going to 'Help | Troubleshooting | Website Purge and Refresh' (tick all options). During the upload, you should then be asked if you want to overwrite the index.html page on the server. Don't forget to check that you're not in Test Mode

Having following Tracey's instructions the website is now fine and the amendments are showing.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me resolve this situation and hopefully this post will help anyone else who finds themself with the same problem.

Hayley

Comment

Working...
              X