Online Card Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Card Processing

To keep within banking guidelines, we are thinking about moving to online processing , rather than offline (that we have been doing for 8 years).

My question is, which of the online processors allow for things like part shipments, where thje funds can be taken from the cardholder in two bits, when each part of the order is dispatched?

What are the favourite online processors?

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

Harry Ganz
    harry@garden.co.uk
    Harry Ganz
    harry@garden.co.uk

We use protx and are quite happy, you can't preprocess (so take the order but allow yourself to confirm the transaction). The other one I thought looked good was streamline.

I donīt know of any online PSP that will allow you to take part payment, you can refund part of a payment though.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from Ģ29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from Ģ19.95

Comment

Jan
      (Thought you were on holiday)

I have just this minute had a call from Protx, who say they can handle back orders (and that we can take the payment from the pre-auth, in two parts, when we ship each part of the order)
      Harry Ganz
      harry@garden.co.uk

Comment

SecureTrading are excellent, not cheap, but excellent uptime and customer service, and fit well with Actinic. You can change the settlment amount on a transaction so that you can take part payment, then take the rest at a later date as a repeat transaction.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Originally posted by Mark H
          SecureTrading are excellent, not cheap, but excellent uptime and customer service, and fit well with Actinic. You can change the settlment amount on a transaction so that you can take part payment, then take the rest at a later date as a repeat transaction.

Can you give me the name of a site using SecureTrading ?
          Harry Ganz
          harry@garden.co.uk

Comment

Hi Harry - if you search for "securetrading acatalog" in Google you'll find lots of them

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

I'm surprised that ProTX came back to you and said they could do pre-auth.
              I too have been looking at them, and found this in their online handbook:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING PREAUTHS As of 1st November 2006 we can no longer provide the PreAuth payment type as an option to new Protx vendors. The PreAuth payment type will still work for existing vendors who already have the payment type enabled, but only until 31st May 2007. As of 1st June 2007 the PreAuth payment type will no longer be a service that Protx provide. An alternative to the PreAuth payment type will be available, full details of this will be provided to all Protx vendors in January 2007.

Comment

hi,
                we have been using hsbc secure epayments. no problems there so far. i confess i've not had to sent part orders but cant see why it wouldnt be allowed.

cheers sharon
                sharon
                http://www.siam925.com

Comment

We use HSBC and we've not been able to fathom out how to part ship yet their control panel implies that you can part ship, it actually only part ships and cancels the rest. We did try ringing to ask but ended up hanging on...and hanging on...and someone we spoke to eventually didn't know so we held on....never got round to ringing again!
                  So if anyone can tell me how that would be great. What we tend to do, as we get pre auth is only charge when all the order is shipped if we've more than one item outstanding (since it's pre-auth), or if we're shipping all the order bar one item due into stock within the week we usually charge the lot, as usually the stock arrives 10 mins before the postman is due and it speeds up despatch if we don't have to faff taking the money too. Probably not the correct way to do it though, and our book keeper doesn't like the resulting muddle when reconciling paperwork....
                  Miranda Stamp
                  Twinkle Twinkle
                  www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
                  Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

Harry,

Have to agree with Mark. We moved from offline card processing to using SecureTrading a couple of years ago. Very helpful support who took us through the setup process step by step.

The transactions come through as authorised and we just set the amount we want to settle when we dispatch goods. If this is a part shipment then the balance or part balance can be settled up to ten days from the authorisation, if it's after ten days then we just do a repeat authoristaion for that amount.

Their secure payment pages can also be customised to fit in with the look of your site.

Neil.

Comment

Working...
                    X