Shipping Changes and Snapshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Changes and Snapshot

Am I right in thinking that changes to shipping charges should be carried over with snapshot?

If so, mine are not.

I work with 2 machines. 1 is used for order downloads, refreshing and is generally my working machine. The other (at home) I keep up to date with snapshot and backup and use to make occasional changes and as backup insurance.

Today I have been making some shipping changes with machine 1. I have now imported it's latest snapshot and database backup into machine 2. Seemingly without a problem. I have now gone into business settings|shipping to find that it still has the setting of a long time ago. No recent shipping changes have been imported. Although product changes have.

Do I need to manually copy shipping files from site 1?
    Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
    The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

Tonight I tried doing the snapshot and also copying the whole shipping control and replacing it in site 1 of machine 2.

This seems to have done the trick.

Can someone just reasure me that this is not going to cause any problems.
    Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

Now there's an odd thing.

Last night after copying the shipping folder into machine 2, I carried out a number of changes to shipping. I tokk a snapshot and copied the shipping control folder again.

This morning I put the snapshot into machine 1 and before copying the shipping control folder, checked the state of play.

The shipping had been updated!

It would appear that I have a bug in the snapshot proceedure on machine 1.
      Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

Ermmmm,

Can you explain this a bit better.

Which machine is the snapshot from? What direction was the copying done - 1 to 2, 2 to 1, 2 to disk?

You made the changes on machine 1 and copied the folder over to machine 2? You made the changes on 2 and copied the folder to 1?

If the snapshot is machine 1 before the changes, the changes were made on machine 2 and the folders were copied back to machine 1 - then I would expect machine 1 to display the contents of the changed/updated/overwritten folder. Al least until the old snapshot overwrites them.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Bill

Here is a overview of what happens:

Alter shipping on machine 1
          Take a snapshot from machine 1
          Import snapshot into machine 2
          -Products on machine 2 update, shipping does not.
          Copying shipping control from site1 machine 1 and pasting it into site1 machine 2 is needed.

Alter shipping on machine 2
          Take a snapshot from machine 2
          Import snapshot into machine 1
          -Products and shipping are both updated

I seem to remember, a while ago when I had to operate from machine 2 due to internet problems at work, refresh gave me a shipping error. At the time I also found that I needed to copy the shipping control folder into machine 2 site1 to get refresh to work.
          Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

Hi Graham

Shipping should always be carried over with a snapshot - and always is in my experience. I suggest trying to import the snapshot from Machine 1 into a different machine. If you want, register an email support question at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and the team can test it for you.

Comment

It seems to be cured tonight.

I have just put a snapshot into machine 2 with the small changes made today and it has updated them.

Is it possible that copying the shipping folder into site 1 has somehow cleared the problem?

The shipping settings before doing this were ages out of date despite importing a snapshot from machine 1 pretty much on a daily basis over the last year so it must have been only updating products for ages.

I'll keep an eye on it, however having now completed a fairly major overhaul of shipping and locations I hope not to have to tinker with the section for a while.
              Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X