back orders with duplicate order numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back orders with duplicate order numbers

On a recent order of 5 separate items, 2 items each needed to have delivery notes sent to two different parties to fulfill the order. The remaining 3 items we could dispatch from stock.

I created two back orders from the main order so that I could print the packing notes separately however somehow I've ended up with two backorders BOTH with the B1 suffix.

One B1 backorder has the 2 items and the other B1 order is showing 1 of the two items.

Problem is this: no matter how I try I can't seem to get the system to accept that all the items are shipped and to move the 3 orders (original and the 2 x B1's) from pending into the completed tab.

I'm very concerned the database has been corrupted by this sales record... any ideas to recover would be gratefully received.

Hi Dean

First of all, check the 'Progress and Payments' tabs of all the parts of the orders and check that no orders have excessive payment, or are underpayed. The 'Outstanding Balance' value is the one to check.

If none have outstanding balances, then there is a problem in the database and the best thing to do would be to ask an Actinic support technician to take a look. You can register an email support query free of charge at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Comment

Many thanks for the response.

All three parts are showing paid and I've double checked by trying to add a new payment entry to each and they are all showing the balance outstanding as zero. In the summary screen all three parts are showing Full Payment Received.

The problem seems to lie within the number of items the system think is/is not shipped:

The master sales record shows:

5 items
      60% shipped
      0% cancelled
      60% back ordered (this should be 40% ie: 2/5 items)
      -20% pending (so this is also clearly not correct)

the two backorders are showing:

1 items
      100% shipped
      0% cancelled
      0% back ordered
      0% pending

and

2 items
      50% shipped
      0% cancelled
      50% back ordered
      0% pending

So I guess I have to try the support guys unless you have any other suggestion.

Cheers

Dean

Comment

Your support team replied saying they no longer support v6. As our site uses heavily modified templates an upgrade is not feasible in the short term. Even if it was, I still have a database problem and upgrading before that is resolved is surely not advisable ?

They also suggested the knowledgebase and sure enough an article regarding corrupt databases is there: http://knowledge.actinic.com/acatalo..._145.html#a867 However this is of no use as the third party website it refers to is no longer operational.

Now I'm very frustrated! ...perhaps its time to plan a migration to :-(

Comment

another e-commerce platform.

Comment

Hi there

If you have MS Access, there's a solution for manually removing order details from the database here - http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=26111

It's worth a try.

Comment

Working...
            X