stock monitoring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock monitoring question

A customer of ours has been on the phone to me.

Now we know how the stock monitoring system works on actinic, you download the orders in actinic, it amends the stock levels and then you need to re-upload your shop for these new stock levels to be live on the website.

Is there a way of automating this? Our customer is selling lots of "one-off" items so he needs his stock level to be up to date as much as possible.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Martin

Use any one of the automated download options below.

a) Command line script (aka batch file) running under windows scheduler on he desktop
    b) Any add-on product that includes an ability to automatically download orders/re-upload the site.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

We use Jan's Mole End One Stop Automation www.mole-end.biz
      Miranda Stamp
      Twinkle Twinkle
      www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
      Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

Hi
        Automating sounds all well and good, but what happens to the orders that Actinic downloads without an attached payment. Each one of these adjusts/depletes the stock level accordingly.
        So for example you have 5 blue T Shirts in stock, a customer makes 2 attempts to purchase the item (without a successful payment) and finally on the 3rd attempt completes their purchase with a payment.

My version of Actinic (V7.05 fbja) would minus 3 T shirts from my stock level so when i upload it thinks i only have 2 left for sale unless i manually cancel the original 2 sales..........

Does this happen to other peoples or does mine have a bug?

Comment

I'm on 7.0.5 too. However are you sure yours removes the stock if the orders remain in Pending PSP? With mine, we have a lot of 1 off items of clothing, so most times I download orders there's stock changes to the site. If there's no payment attached, the order goes into Pending PSP, and the stock remains as though the order doesn't exist (We get a few duplicated orders here as people can't get HSBC to work first time round, but the 2nd usully goes through). Only any orders you subsequently transfer over to Pending (say you ring them and manually take and enter card details), on moving into Pending this will then adjust the stock, and if on transferring you're sold out the warning will come up and the stock is only adjusted at that point.
          Miranda Stamp
          Twinkle Twinkle
          Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to reply miranda.

This issue has been driving me mad

My psp pending order do adjust my stock levels and to add insult to injury all sales reports reflect these sales too, which is very frustrating.

I had thought it was another Actinic cross to bear...sort of relieved to know it shouldn't be working like this.

Comment

I can't fathom what setting you'd need to alter, but I just tested mine and downloaded the order for 1 stock monitored single one-off item to the Pending PSP. No warning came up to say the stock was below suspended, adn I uploaded the stock changes (if any had happened), deleted cookies refreshed breowser and I can still order the one item, so it's not been removed from the site by being in a PSP Pending basket

You have got quantities set on the stock tab and ticked the stock monitor box? (prob stating the obviopus here), as well as a value in the 'suspend if below' - if there's nothing in this box then your customers can carry on ordering as it'll assume you'll back order the items you don't have. Also you may find, as we do, that say you have just 5 of an item, if you put a maximum quantity in product tab , under details, then no-one can order 6 (which sometimes happpens)

(srry for any typos got no heating and it's fffreezing!)
              Miranda Stamp
              Twinkle Twinkle

Comment

if you put a maximum quantity in product tab , under details, then no-one can order 6 (which sometimes happpens)
                You can set up automation to do this for you automatically Miranda - just in case you hadn't noticed - there is a checkbox on the upload options tab.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                X