Ordering Suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordering Suspended

Being unable to process any further orders until we clear the back-log I suspended ordering and unticked "ordering allowed" and uploaded all main sites. This removed the "buy" button.

12 hours later I have received 2 orders. Does suspending orders simply remove the ability to create new orders and allow saved orders to still be processed? Or arethe scripts totally disabled for new and saved?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Hi John

The 'Ordering Suspended' feature is just an HTML change that removes the add to cart buttons - there's no script change.

It could be that either, the orders were at the checkout stage by the time you did the suspension, or maybe the customers had an old cached page in their browsers, which featured the add to cart buttons.

Comment

Anyone with a saved cart, or anyone with a cached page that includes a buy button may well be able to process an order. After all, processing an order is just a case of being able to call the script - and if the hook to the script is there, it can be called.

[edit]Chris got there first.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks guys. Maybe this could be one for the wishlist in that the order script is disabled as well as the add to cart facility as there is often a good reason to suspend ordering.

The camels back is already broken so 2 more orders on the pile wont hurt

Bikster

Comment

I've had to resort to changing permissions on the os and ca scripts to ensure no orders before now.

I had a client who went on holiday for 3 weeks without suspending his catalog. I just went to his cgi -bin and changed permissions to prevent orders - its clunky but it works.

Simply removing the addtocart isn't really good enough as alot of peeps use cached pages

Comment

Sort of off topic, but its a pain when somebody orders something that is `out of stock` on the website and therefore `unorderable` but has a `saved` shopping cart with said items `on hold` which allows them to be ordered.

Grrr.
            Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

George - thats pretty much the same phenomenon

Bikster

Comment

The 'Ordering Suspended' feature is just an HTML change that removes the add to cart buttons - there's no script change.
                Can it be added to the wish list that when you suspend ordering or remove the ability to buy that Actinic will actually stop people from buying even though they have items in thier cart etc

Comment

I sneaked it on already Malc http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=26121

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                    George - thats pretty much the same phenomenon
                    Aye, just thought I'd add the slightly different resultant scenario ie: the `problem` also allowing the ordering of an alleged `out of stock` item.
                    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Working...
                    X