meta tag - tab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

meta tag - tab?

hi I have just managed to create a searchword.log file so that i can create a list of all the words entered into the search function, but i cant seem to get the other keywords to work, I am most probabily wrong but, i thought that the meta tag sections was where you enter all the other key words for a particular product???? I have done this but they dont register in the simple search- it just comes back as no match found. Have i understood this corret or should i be using another method?

I have looked at the (AUG) but do not really want to crete more options in the drop down list.

any help would be great.

I don't believe the Metas are indexed as they are not seen by the visitor. It indexes the products description and fragments per your settings in View|Search Settings - Indexing Options.

Comment

For some of our products such as our 'Pro-bin', http://d256639.micro59.micromarteuro...g/Pro-Bin.html

The industry that we workin would referer to this item using words such as dump bin, promotions, bin, sales bin etc.

How would i link these keyworkds to the product so that if typed in the simple search would bring up the Pro-bin page? I would not really want to put these words into the product name or description, can this be done?

excuse my lack of knowledge in this area, well in most lol

Comment

i have also found threads about finding miss-spelt search words and how people have started to add these in, where/ how would they do that, i also read somewhere that you had to have the keyword in the product title or description
        obviously you dont want miss-spelt words on your product page.

I have tried to add key words in the tag but they dont apear to be picked up.

Hmmmmmm how frustraaiting.....

Comment

I beleieve you can do this by putting the words in your extended info section and making that searchable.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

i'm not sure i understand, i wouldnt want miss-spelt words in the extended info either, or do you mean enter the words in here but just dont have the extended info active, but then if i have the extended info active how do i put the missspelt words in again....

there must be an easy way to do this, personally i cant see why what ever you put into the meta tags doesnt get picked up.

Comment

i cant see why what ever you put into the meta tags doesnt get picked up.
              I seem to remember a thread about how to do this from last year?

Comment

Working...
              X