Email Layouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Layouts

We have customised the writing at the start of the emails, but have kept the information (such as order details, address and items) in the email as in the templates.

As shown below, the email layout is not very clear - with columns not aligned. The Product details are also shown on several lines. Is there a way to change this?

Many thanks.

SAMPLE FROM AN EMAIL

__Order Status__________________________________________________

Order Number: JS98JU20000049
    Shipping Method: First Class Post
    Payment Status: Pending
    Date Received: 18/12/2006 11:32 GMT
    Payment Method: CREDIT CARD

__Lines Ordered_________________________________________________

DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST

Rosebery Pullover - Size: 30" 1 £22.95 £22.95
    No. Not Yet Shipped 1

Rosebery Kilt - Size: 22 - 1 £30.95 £30.95
    waist / 22 -
    length-
    No. Not Yet Shipped 1

__Totals________________________________________________________

Subtotal: £53.90
    Shipping & Handling: £4.50
    Total: £58.40

For maximum compatibility with users email clients Actinic took the step to create a plain email reply. HTML emails have been raised before but I do not recall if anyone posted a solution - may be worth a search on html emails to see what has been discussed previously

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

We are fine using the plain text emails, its just that the layout is a bit untidy. Is there anyway of altering the layout of the imported data so that it is neater? This way at least the order no. / date for each order or quantity / price / cost for each product would be in the same alignment.

Comment

look for a txt file in site1 called something obvious like customer email... edit this to rearrange stuff. Although there are the fields that are concatenated into one variable so you are limited in what you can do

Comment

I might be wrong, but I suspect alignment would be difficult to acheive in plain text e-mails. The fonts used are usually variable-width, so some sort of tabbing would be required and I think this is beyond the plain text format. You could use monospace fonts like Courier.

Also, the money columns would need the decimal points to line up which is a whole other problem.

Alan Compton
          www.greenknightgames.co.uk
          Great board games and cards games you won't find in the High Street

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
            look for a txt file in site1 called something obvious like customer email... edit this to rearrange stuff. Although there are the fields that are concatenated into one variable so you are limited in what you can do
            We have already changed these files, so I think we must have done all we can to edit the email templates. Its the fields in the one variables that I want to change layout wise. If it can't be done then I'll just have to leave it!

Thanks for your help.

If anyone knows how these variables can be changed then please let us know!

Comment

Originally posted by acompton
              I might be wrong, but I suspect alignment would be difficult to acheive in plain text e-mails.
              Yep as this is the point of plain text emails - to make them viewable on the most platforms - any formatting can often get horribly mangled depending on the email client in use

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
              X