Windows Hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Hosting

My hosting will be moving to windows servers in the new year will Actinic v7 still run as I am not sure?

IF the servers are correctly setup, then any version of Actinic will run just fine. There is a compatability issue with FrontPage Extensions - you do NOT want these enabled, and setup is slightly trickier. I suggest you have whoever is making the move read the Advanced User Guide section on Windows hosting (you'll need the v7 Guide for IIS 5.x, or the v8 Guide for IIS 6.x - don't worry about the Actinic version, just get the right setup for your server)
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hosting

Thanks for that Bill I will be moving over to 1&1 business pro would you or any one know what settings I need to change etc to ensure a seamless quick change and not loose much down time?

Comment

1&1 do very good Linux hosting Business Pro package which is simple to set up within Actinic, so I wonder why you are going to Windows...

However, you need to talk to 1&1 and ensure they know you intend to set up an Actinic shop within your webspace. They have sufficient knowledge to get your setup right, but may have to hunt for that knowledge - agin the Actinic Advanced User Guide information will help them. It's more the server setup that has to be "just so" rather than having to do something different in Actinic.

If you are currently hosted elsewhere and are moving your domain, you will have the period while the new DNS entry propagates to get the setup right. If you are already with 1 & 1 then the changeover could be immediate if the DNS master does not change.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks again Bill for your time and help. The main reason for moving to the Windows hosted package is due to the fact I need to run another web application that requires a windows server. It may mean that I need a second hosting package if all else fails. All the Best.

Comment

I have a windows server, it works fine with Actinic.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X