Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Product Images

Have another problem - sorry!

As a school shop we have sections for the Schools and then Boys and Girls sections within the schools where needed. For most of the Schools there are some items which are the same, such as School Pullover or Games top. We have used duplicate products so the same item is both sections. All the details need to be the same. We would like to have different images for the duplicated products though. Is this possible?

URL - http://www.lesterbowden.co.uk/acatal...formindex.html

Many thanks again!

I don't think the product image is a fixed field in the duplicate product so you should be able to change the image to suit

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I can change the image fine.

The problem occurs when i changed something in the original product (e.g. price) that needs to be changed in the duplicate product. When you go into duplicate product and reset to the original product, so changing the price, the image also resets to that of the original image.

I'd like to avoid this, so that when you update the duplicate product for price changes as an eg the image doesnt change to that of the original product. I know that you could change the image back manually but this could get time consuming with large numbers of products.

Comment

Oh OK - this was a know issue with v7 that was resolved in v8 with not all fields being updated.

Have you checked out the Mole End software by Jan .... I think she may have a utility to track dupes and keep them update

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

is that the only way that this can be solved then?

Comment

Working...
          X