Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error opening Actinic Catalog 7

I have an error which is coming on opening Actinic

"you appear to be using the same software key for two separate Actinic sites. This is a violation of the software license agreement"

BasicallyI run and administarte 4 Actinic sites - and of course all with full license agreements. What happened is that upon activating a site and imporating an updated snapshot - Actinic froze and i did Alt Ctrl Del to end it.

Upon restrating Actinic I get the above error -I think Actinic is confused - but any ideas on how to resolve it short of a reinstallation!!

Graeme

Housekeeping | Security will let you check the entered keys and ensure each site is using the correct one.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
      Housekeeping | Security will let you check the entered keys and ensure each site is using the correct one.
      Thanks -sorry i did not expain clearly - the error message is in an pop up box and prevents me from opening Actinic! Pressing the OK buttom just closes the Actinic Loading screen

Graeme

Comment

Ah! OK then, use the command line to try to force open to a specific site that you 'know' is good.

C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\catalog.exe /s Site1
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
          Ah! OK then, use the command line to try to force open to a specific site that you 'know' is good.

C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\catalog.exe /s Site1

mmm - I have tried your idea but still encountering the same message!

Comment

Hi Graeme

Go to 'Start | Run' and type 'regedit'. Then use the folders at the left to browse to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Actinic\Catalog8\Sites\Site1\Catalog

Check the value in the value in the 'AuthorisationKey' value at the right. Then check this against the other sites within the 'Sites' folder in the registry. Change any that are the same.

Comment

Thanks - I have checked the registry and each site has a unique authorization code - still getting the error message upon launching actinic

Comment

issue resolved

Originally posted by cdicken
                Hi Graeme

Go to 'Start | Run' and type 'regedit'. Then use the folders at the left to browse to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Actinic\Catalog8\Sites\Site1\Catalog

Check the value in the value in the 'AuthorisationKey' value at the right. Then check this against the other sites within the 'Sites' folder in the registry. Change any that are the same.

On closer inspection - it was in the registry - somehow the site name got mixed up - so i had two sites names "site1"

Thanks for you help

Comment

Working...
                X