Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping problem...

Help.... I'm going slightly mad....

I've been asked to rate a set of producys at £5.00 shipping to UK and £10.00 to all other EU countries .

This would not be a problem IF the rest of the products on the site were not already shipped by quantity/zone. No matter how or where I search for an answer - I just cant get how to do it.

I think I should be able to do it with weight/zone? If so how????

Karen

Karen

We had a similar issue. Most stuff goes out by first class post but some items are special courier delivered. Here is our work around.

Make up the shipping tables using standard figures for shipping for your normal method. Make sure the table exceeds your highest weight for goods.

On the products with "Special" charges enter a weight on the product details well outside the normal range, say 1000kg. Then you can enter the detail on the shipping table so that a 1000kg product is delivered for £5 or whatever.

You can actually build a range of "special" delivery charges in this way. But make sure the normal priced table exceeds your normal product weight range as Actinic takes then next highest value when the product shipping is calculated.

Not an ideal solution but a work around that has been OK for us.

Have fun.
    Alasdair

Comment

Tried your sggesteion but wouldn't work in my case! The 'special offers' are sunglasses ( as its summer ) and their shipping is less than our main products-exhaust pipes- and when I applied this system to the shipping menu then it went haywire. Sunglasses not naturally being heavier than e.ps
      If I tried to but a pair of sgs and an ex.p then I was charged at the s.g price!!!
      So I reversed the thinking and put ex.ps as heaviest ( as they are) and that didnt work either!!! Arghhhhhh.

There must be a way to do it... a wish for the list perhaps?

Comment

Karen

Should work OK. We have a range of "special" rates for various products.

For example look here and scroll down to the 2 X 200 gm product. Pop this in the basket and you will see UK delivery at £6.55. Although this product only weighs about 500g packaged, we have made the product details on this item show it as being 1000kg. On the shipping tables against 1000 kg we have UK shipping priced at £6.55.

Now check this page and add the Ancient Scotland book to your basket. This shows carriage of £2.74. The product is actually 600g but as it uses standard postage we enter product details as 600g and it gets its shipping value from the table.

I know it seems a bit confusing but for one or two items its a good work around. We have a few dozen products entered in this way and also have different variants for UK, Europe and Rest of World shipping. Just a matter of managing it on a spreadsheet.

Let me know if you have any more problems.
        Alasdair

Comment

Thanks for you help, I managed to re-engineer the weight idea by giving all my 'heavy' products a ten fold higher value than these 'special' ones and also told them to ship seperately. So the bulky items go at the optimum rate, and the special super light ones are shipped separately and hey presto its working just fine !

Karen

Comment

Karen

Pleased you got sorted. Sorry I forgot to mention we ship everything sep. so the algorithm is easier.

Not sure I can help on your latest problem.
            Alasdair

Comment

Do you know I had a 'eureka moment' at 5am this morning and could have pulled out remaining hairs (tho luckily I didnt lol)
              I remembered that I could SIMPLY (duh) double the wieght for to ie say this product weighs 20kg not 10 as the rest do... hows that! Oh and send separately...

Karen

Comment

Working...
              X