No announcement yet.

Problems with site update, v6.1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried the suggestion I provided above (i.e. remove all *.fil files from your 'Site1' folder and a 'Web | Refresh Website')?

Comment

Hi Chris,
      Thanks for your reply. I have removed and replaced all the .pl, .pm and .cat files the first time we refreshed after the upgrade.
      We originally had a problem upgrading as the patch we downloaded crashed half way through, partly upgraded our database, which resulted in a few problems. I spoke to Tracy in support, who arranged for a disc to be sent of 6.13 which corrected the problems encountered (quantity boxes were pre-filled with 4 on the single add to cart pages to name one!).
      We did an upload last night and I had added 10 small subsections and it sent all the .cat files again - upload started at 6pm - finished at 3am this morning.
      Thanks,
      Graham & Claire Fain

Comment

I have just patched my sites to 6.1.3 and found that the first upload, after the update, would take a while as it need to upload a lot.

The next update would then go as normal.

If you would like someone to take a look at your database, then please register a email support query HERE. Someone will get back to you to request your database.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I have just done another update - amending about 20 products and the upload this time went much quicker.... and only sent a few .cat files and the usual .fil files....

It did send some html and .jpg files that hadn't been altered - no great problem though.
          Upload only took 15 mins - great improvement on the last week!
          Graham & Claire Fain

Comment

More problems

It's happened again. It wants to upload all the files even for a minor change.
            I checked the .fil file fix (which worked last time) again and found that this time I can't delete all of the .fil files from the server. Some you can, some you can't. I deleted the ones I could, and all of those on the c drive, and did a complete refresh - I then made a minor tweak to a single product and tried uploading again, to check if the fix had worked, and it hasn't. It still wants to upload everything. Any ideas?

Nick
            Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

Comment

You could try changing the permissions on any .fil files that you can't delete. Set them to 755 or 777 and then try deleting them again.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Tried that after my last post - still no joy.

Nick

Comment

I see that 2 1/2 years have elapsed between posts 19 and 20. I assume things have been working OK during that time.

As to the problem recurring, it's quite possible that your server people have done something (a restore after a system failure perhaps) that has changed the timestamps of your files on the server.

Actinic will detect this and re-upload these files in order to be sure that your PC and the site are in sync.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Things have been OK in the intervening period. The problem has just come back with no apparent trigger.

With my FTP package I can see all the timestamps - as all the .fil files were (after initial permissions problems) deleted, and new ones with new timestamp are now there. I've also done a full refresh and that's made no difference.

Nick

Comment

Try a 'Housekeeping | Compact Databases'. This sometimes helps Actinic to behave itself with regards to uploading.

Comment

Working...
                      X